- Dermatology; board certified
Monte S. Meltzer, MD, is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. He received his medical degree with honors from Georgetown University School of Medicine and trained in Pediatrics at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
After fellowship training in immunology at the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Meltzer joined the staff of the National Cancer Institute to conduct research on immune responses to cancer and infectious disease. He completed his dermatology training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where he continued his research on infectious disease as chief of the Department of Cellular Immunology.
After retirement from the Army as a full colonel, he became chief of the Dermatology Service for Kaiser Permanente-Baltimore Metropolitan Service Area. Dr. Meltzer currently serves as Dermatology Consultant to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Medstar Union Memorial Hospital and sees adult and pediatric patients in his general and surgical dermatology practice, covering all aspects of skin, hair, and nail care with an emphasis on the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic disease.
Dr. Meltzer was named a Top Doctor in Baltimore magazine for Dermatology in 2017.
- Residency Program: Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (1984)
- Internship Program: Massachusetts General Hospital (1970)
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine (1969)
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- 2017 Top Doctor, Baltimore magazine