- Clinical Neuropsychology
- major neurocognitive disorder
- neurocognitive disorder due to another medical condition
- virtual care
- alzheimer's disease counseling
- anxiety management therapy
- concussion testing
- individual therapy
- neuropsychological assessment
- virtual care
Dr. Pura Garcia received her PsyD in Clinical Psychology, specializing in Neuropsychology, from Ponce Health Sciences University in Ponce, Puerto Rico. She completed an APA approved clinical internship specializing in Neuropsychology at Northwell Health (formerly known as North Shore/Long Island Jewish Medical Center/Zucker Hillside Hospital) in Long Island, New York. She then completed a two year neuropsychology fellowship consistent with APA Division 40/Houston Guidelines, at the MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, DC.
Dr. Garcia joined the psychology department at MedStar NRH in 2018. She is currently a clinical neuropsychologist working primarily on the outpatient service providing evaluations and treatment for individuals with a variety of neurological presentations, including dementia, stroke, acquired brain injury, anoxic injury, encephalopathy, movement disorders, epilepsy, and other neurologically based disorders. Dr. Garcia is actively involved in the Concussion Clinic program at MedStar NRH, providing evaluations and treatment to individuals who have sustained mild brain injuries. Dr. Garcia is fluent in Spanish along with English and has experience in cross-cultural neuropsychology. She thus is able to evaluate and provide treatment to Spanish-language patients.
Dr. Garcia has research interests in cross-cultural neuropsychology, neurodegenerative disorders, TBI, and cerebrovascular accidents.
- Fellowship Program: MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital (2018)
- Graduate Education: Ponce School of Medicine (2015)
- 102 Irving Street NorthwestWashington, DC 20010
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital