Dr. Tamara A. Katy has been a MedStar Georgetown Emergency Department Attending Pediatrician since 2004. She served as a Pediatric Hospitalist at MedStar Georgetown's Inpatient Pediatric Unit from 2004-2009. As Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine she is very active in medical education with the Georgetown University School of Medicine and MedStar Georgetown's Emergency Medicine & Pediatric Residency Programs. Not only does she provide bedside clinical education but has been invited to give numerous local and regional lectures. Dr. Katy has a special interest as well in pediatric pain and anxiety reduction in the acute care setting and in physician wellness. She has not only published research articles on the topics of pediatric urinary tract infection and pediatric drug shortages, but also for patients and their families on numerous pediatric and emergency medicine issues.
- Residency Program: Tufts Medical Center (2003)
- Internship Program: Tufts Medical Center (2001)
- Medical School: University of Miami - School of Medicine (2000)
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital