Dr. Tamara A. Katy has been a MedStar Georgetown Emergency Department Attending Physician since 2004. She served as a Pediatric Hospitalist on MedStar Georgetown’s Inpatient Pediatric unit as well from 2004 to 2009. As Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine, she is very active in medical education for the Georgetown University School of Medicine and MedStar Georgetown’s Emergency Medicine and Pediatric Residency programs. Dr. Katy has a special interest in pediatric pain and anxiety reduction in the acute care setting and in physician wellness. She has been invited to give numerous local and regional lectures on varied pediatric emergency topics. Dr. Katy has published research articles on pediatric urinary tract infections and pediatric drug shortages and has also written numerous education articles for patients and their caregivers.
- Residency Program: Tufts University Medical Center (2003)
- Internship Program: Tufts University Medical Center (2001)
- Medical School: University of Miami - School of Medicine (2000)
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital