Claudia Harding is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has been working in the field of mental health for over 20 years, with a concentrated focus on systems theory and the impact on health and behavior. Ms. Harding has been in private practice for twelve years and has also worked extensively with community health centers as a medical social worker, mental health provider, and as a staff trainer and educator.
Ms. Harding joined the faculty at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center in October 2009, and has developed as well as implemented an integrated behavior health curriculum which incorporates health behavior change, chronic pain management, and wellness into primary care. Ms. Harding also supervises a behavior health clinic within the family health center to assess and treat the mental health needs of patients ranging from pediatric to adult. The behavior health clinic also provides an experiential learning experience for family medicine residents and medical students. In addition to her role as teaching faculty, Ms. Harding works with the residents in the areas of communication, feedback, wellness, and team building.
Ms. Harding oversees the community medicine curriculum which exposes residents to various community resources while connecting them with opportunities to provide medical and advocacy services.
Scholarly Activity & Presentations:
- Claudia Harding, LCSW-C, Michael Dwyer, MD, Samantha Kurzrock, MD and Annie Bailey, MD " Correlation Between Personality, Resilence, and Burnout: A Family Medicine Pilot Study." FMEC Northeast Regional Conference. Lancaster, PA. October 2019
- Claudia Harding, LCSW-C, Michael Dwyer, MD, Janelle Hinze, MD. Screening for Social Determinants of Health and Adverse Childhood Experiences. STFM Annual Spring Conference, May 2018.
- Graduate Medical Education Chief Leadership Retreat- Clinical Leadership 101: Leadership Foundations for Chief Residents, Wye River. May 2014.
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery. Communication, Conflict and Feedback: A Survival Guide for Residents, Baltimore, MD June 2014.
- Anxiety Disorder Assessment and Treatment in Primary Care. Maryland Academy of Family Physicians 2013 Annual CME Association, Ocean City, June 2013.
- Emily Richie, MD, Claudia Harding, LCSW-C, Jessica Stinnette, MD. Chronic Non-Cancer Pain: Training the Trainers. STFM Annual Spring Conference, May 2013.
- MedStar Health Teaching Scholars Capstone Presenter. The Power of the Home Visit: Reducing Hospital Readmission Rates in Geriatric Patients and Improving Resident Education. January 2013.
- Harding, C. MSW, BCD and Shikha Deva, M.D. Integrating Mental Health into Primary Care: A Resident Run Behavior Health Clinic. FMEC Northeast Regional Conference. Cleveland, Ohio. Sept 2012.
- Ombudsmen: Residency Collaboration with Baltimore County Department of Aging".FMEC Northeast Regional Conference, October 2011.
- Managing Depression - A Guide for Individuals and Families. US Army Test and Evaluation Command Health Fair, November 2011.
- Faculty Preceptor, Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Yoga RYT 200, 2018
- Fellow, LEAD Program, MedStar Health and Georgetown University, 2017
- Fellow, MedStar Teaching Scholars, 2013
- Board of Directors for Alliance, Inc, Baltimore, MD 2012-2017
- University of Maryland School of Social Work Field Instructor 2009 –Present
Awards & Honors:
- Faculty Excellence Award, Med Star Franklin Square Family Medicine Residency 2020
- AAMC Medical Education Research Certificate 2013
- Faculty Excellence Award, Med Star Franklin Square Family Medicine Residency 2012
- American Board of Social Work Examiners - Board Certified Diplomat 2011
- Social Work Community Outreach Service Award, University of Maryland 2001