Lauren Drake, MD
Dr. Drake enjoys caring for patients of all ages and has a special interest in adolescents, community health, dermatology, geriatrics, LGBTG health, and women’s health. Outside of work Dr. Drake enjoys spending time with her family, trying out new recipes, and exploring the city of Baltimore.
Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine
Residency: University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Clinical Instructor of Family Medicine, Georgetown University, 2018 - Present
- Emerging Leaders Fellowship, STFM, 2019 - 2021
- Residency Faculty Fundamentals Certificate Program, STFM 2018 - 2019
- Plein Leadership Development Award, University of Arizona--Phoenix, 2015
- Reproductive Health Education in Family Medicine Scholarship, RHEDI, 2014
- Member, Baltimore First District Safety Task Force, 2018 - Present Guest Speaker, Young Parents Support Center of Baltimore County, 2016 - Present Sexual Assault Advocate, Rape Abuse and Incest National Network Online Hotline 2008 - 2009
Leubner, JK, Ortiz, Z, Wolfrey, J, Drake, L.. Can Gallstones Break the Heart? Pancreatitis- induced Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy Mimicking Acute Myocardial Infarction. American Journal of Geriatrics. 2014, Sept. 1; 1814-5. Doi: 10.1111/jgs.12999. PubMed PMID 25243697
- Brown SR, Anderson J, Campdonico J, Drake L., Pressley S. How to practice and teach high value care. Seminar, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Conference. May 6, 2018. Washington, D.C.
- Coles, S., Drake, L. “Mini-Medical School: Family Medicine Residents as Middle School Educators Program” STFM National Conference, Minneapolis, MN. May 2, 2016
- Coles, S., Drake, L. “A Longitudinal Multi-faceted Community Medicine Curriculum” STFM National Conference, Minneapolis, MN. May 3, 2016
- Drake, L., Coles, S. “SySTEM Phoenix Mini-Medical School: Community Medicine in Action.” STFM National Conference, Orlando, FL. April 26, 2015
- Ortiz, Z., Drake, L. “Pancreatitis-induced Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy, Mimicking Acute Myocardial Infarction” Poster. Academic Excellence Day, Banner Good Samaritan, Phoenix, AZ. May 7, 2014