Save time in the waiting room with online check-in
1805 Columbia Rd.
Washington, D.C. 20009
Urgent Care Service Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Every day.
- Insurance Information
- Services Offered
- Online booking required for elective visits, which includes (Walk-ins not accepted):
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
- Sports Physicals
- COVID-19 pre-operative testing
- Full Pre-Operative Evaluations (physical, labs)
- COVID-19 Travel Screening/Testing (testing needed before a trip)
- Symptomatic patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test when available. Patients without symptoms should consider testing options through their primary care doctor or at local state based locations, as our urgent cares are experiencing very high volumes and long wait times. Patients without symptoms will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 3-7 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
- If you are required to have COVID-19 Pre-Operative testing (before surgery) please refer to this document for our testing locations. If you plan to come to urgent care for your pre-operative COVID-19 test, you must reserve a spot online ahead of time (walk-in patients not accepted).
When you have an illness or injury that is not life threatening, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here to provide convenient, comprehensive medical care. We are open weekends, evenings and most holidays — and walk-ins are welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
"As always, very happy with every step of the process here! 5-star service all around. It is easy to [check-in] online. The front desk service was superb. The woman was SO nice and helped me very quickly. The nurse practitioner was nice, explained everything to me and was helpful."
Our urgent care center provides care for people of all ages. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Adams Morgan just steps from the intersection of Columbia Road and 18th Street in Washington, D.C. Our location is a 15-minute walk or a quick Uber ride from the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station, and we’re convenient to bus lines, with the Columbia Road NW and Biltmore Street NW bus stop just outside of our center. On-street parking is available on Columbia Road, and the Colonial Parking Garage (2421 18th Street NW) is also nearby. Call 202-797-4960 (no appointment needed)!
MedStar Health Urgent Care has convenient extended-hour access to medical services including treatment for acute illnesses and injuries. View our accepted insurance to confirm your coverage.
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- Concussion evaluations
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.