Save time in the waiting room with online check-in
1805 Columbia Rd.
Washington, D.C. 20009
Urgent Care Service Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Every day.
- Insurance Information
- Services Offered
- Online booking required for elective (asymptomatic) visit which include:
- Sports Physicals, please schedule with our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians by visiting MedStarSportsMedicine.org.
- Preoperative testing, which includes: COVID-19 preoperative testing and full preoperative evaluations (physical, labs).
- COVID-19 testing without symptoms (see options in COVID-19 Testing section)
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? All patients seeking a COVID-19 test must see a provider for evaluation to determine which COVID test is right for them. The only patients who can be tested without a full evaluation are those who are sent in with a referral for pre-op COVID testing. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of our COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- Patients not experiencing symptoms, who still wish to visit a MedStar Health Urgent Care location and be seen in person must book ahead online. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 5-10 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
When you have an illness or injury that is not life threatening, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here to provide convenient, comprehensive medical care. We are open weekends, evenings and most holidays — and walk-ins are welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
What patients are saying...
"As always, very happy with every step of the process here! 5-star service all around. It is easy to [check-in] online. The front desk service was superb. The woman was SO nice and helped me very quickly. The nurse practitioner was nice, explained everything to me and was helpful."
Our urgent care center provides care for people of all ages. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Adams Morgan just steps from the intersection of Columbia Road and 18th Street in Washington, D.C. Our location is a 15-minute walk or a quick Uber ride from the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station, and we’re convenient to bus lines, with the Columbia Road NW and Biltmore Street NW bus stop just outside of our center. On-street parking is available on Columbia Road, and the Colonial Parking Garage (2421 18th Street NW) is also nearby. Call 202-797-4960 (no appointment needed)!
MedStar Health Urgent Care has convenient extended-hour access to medical services including treatment for acute illnesses and injuries. View our accepted insurance to confirm your coverage.
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Flu shots (seasonal availability, check with insurance provider for coverage). If 65 years of age or older, please contact your primary care physician for the higher dose vaccine.
- Concussion evaluations
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.