Save time in the waiting room with online check-in
3610 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22302
Urgent Care Service Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Every day.
- Insurance Information
- Services Offered
- Online booking required for elective (asymptomatic) visit which include:
- Sports Physicals, please schedule with our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians by calling 888-447-7678 or visiting MedStarSportsMedicine.org.
- Preoperative testing, which includes: COVID-19 preoperative testing and full preoperative evaluations (physical, labs).
- COVID-19 testing without symptoms (see options in COVID-19 Testing section)
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? Patients whose symptoms meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test when available (supplies are limited due to national shortages). Patients can walk-in to our sites, or book online ahead of time. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Contact your primary care doctor to see if they offer COVID-19 testing
- If you don’t have a primary care doctor, but would like one, please visit MedStarHealth.org/PrimaryCare
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- Patients not experiencing symptoms, who still wish to visit a MedStar Health Urgent Care location and be seen in person must book ahead online. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 5-10 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
You don’t have to wait for an appointment to see a doctor! MedStar Health Urgent Care offers convenient care with extended hours on a walk-in basis. We’re open on evenings, weekends and most holidays. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
Our Northern Virginia location, in Bradlee Shopping Center, is centrally located to I-395, Old Town Alexandria and the Pentagon. We are convenient to shopping and offer free parking. King Street Metro Station is just over two miles away — from there, take a quick 15-minute bus ride or an Uber ride to our center.
If you need a primary care provider to manage your care in the future, we’re right next door to MedStar Medical Group at Alexandria.
MedStar Health Urgent Care at Alexandria brings convenient, coordinated care to your neighborhood when you need it. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 703-845-2815 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.