COVID-19 Testing Turnaround Time
- It takes 2-7 days to receive test results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available.
- It is very important to remain in quarantine until you receive your results.
- Most patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test.
- Not everyone with symptoms requires or is able to receive testing. Testing decisions are based on MedStar Health policies, and CDC and local health department guidelines.
When you need convenient medical care for an illness or injury that is not life-threatening, or if you need a flu shot or a physical, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here for you. We are open weekends and evenings-and walk-ins are welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
Our urgent care center is located inside the MedStar Health Bel Air Medical Campus, a healthcare facility offering comprehensive services under one roof, including primary care, sports medicine, orthopedics, heart, cancer, and rehabilitation.
Patients who need orthopedic care will see an urgent care provider for treatment, and x-rays, bracing or casting if needed. Those with more complex injuries will receive medical treatment from the urgent care provider, and a fast-tracked referral to the on-site orthopedic specialist on call (during standard business hours) or follow-up care with one of MedStar Health’s orthopedic specialists at the next available appointment.
We provide convenient, coordinated care when you need it, in Harford County, from a name you can trust. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 410-877-8087 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.
MedStar Urgent Care in Bel Air has been recognized by Best of Harford County 2017 as one of the leading urgent care locations in the county.