Save time in the waiting room with online check-in
6401 America Blvd. Ste. 200
Hyattsville, MD 20782
Urgent Care Service Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Every day.
- Insurance Information
- Services Offered
- Online booking required for elective (asymptomatic) visit which include:
- Sports Physicals, please schedule with our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians by visiting MedStarSportsMedicine.org.
- Preoperative testing, which includes: COVID-19 preoperative testing and full preoperative evaluations (physical, labs).
- COVID-19 testing without symptoms (see options in COVID-19 Testing section)
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? All patients seeking a COVID-19 test must see a provider for evaluation to determine which COVID test is right for them. The only patients who can be tested without a full evaluation are those who are sent in with a referral for pre-op COVID testing. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of our COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- Patients not experiencing symptoms, who still wish to visit a MedStar Health Urgent Care location and be seen in person must book ahead online. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 5-10 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
Illness and injury can take you by surprise. That’s why MedStar Health Urgent Care is here for you, with convenient locations and extended hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays). There is no need to make an appointment — Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are located in University Town Center on East-West Highway, a five-minute walk or a quick Uber ride from the Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station. Our facility is on the second level, above the Safeway grocery store. Stairs and elevators are available for pedestrian access to our floor, and there’s a parking garage entrance at the back of the building. Just go to the second level of the garage. We offer free parking for up to two hours with validation — please bring your parking stub in with you.
Beyond urgent care, we share a site with a variety of MedStar Health services, including primary care and physical therapy. We can connect you to these providers should you need ongoing care. Safeway pharmacy is also conveniently located in the same building, making MedStar Health at Hyattsville your one-stop destination for health care.
Our team of experts provides care to patients of all ages—and you never need an appointment. We offer convenient and coordinated care when you need it, from a name you can trust. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 301-276-8800 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability, check with insurance provider for coverage). If 65 years of age or older, please contact your primary care physician for the higher dose vaccine.
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.
Free Parking Available!
If driving, please use the garage entrance at the back of the building and go to the second level. We offer free parking for up to two hours with validation. Please bring your parking stub in with you.
The Prince George's Plaza Metro Station (Green and Yellow Lines) is only a 5-minute walk away.