COVID-19 Testing Turnaround Time
- It takes 2-7 days to receive test results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available.
- It is very important to remain in quarantine until you receive your results.
- Most patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test.
- Not everyone with symptoms requires or is able to receive testing. Testing decisions are based on MedStar Health policies, and CDC and local health department guidelines.
Illness and injury can take you by surprise. That’s why MedStar Health Urgent Care is here for you, with convenient locations and extended hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays). There is no need to make an appointment — Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are located in University Town Center on East-West Highway, a five-minute walk or a quick Uber ride from the Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station. Our facility is on the second level, above the Safeway grocery store. Stairs and elevators are available for pedestrian access to our floor, and there’s a parking garage entrance at the back of the building. Just go to the second level of the garage. We offer free parking for up to two hours with validation — please bring your parking stub in with you.
Beyond urgent care, we share a site with a variety of MedStar Health services, including primary care and physical therapy. We can connect you to these providers should you need ongoing care. Safeway pharmacy is also conveniently located in the same building, making MedStar Health at Hyattsville your one-stop destination for health care.
Our team of experts provides care to patients of all ages—and you never need an appointment. We offer convenient and coordinated care when you need it, from a name you can trust. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 301-276-8800 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.
Free Parking Available!
If driving, please use the garage entrance at the back of the building and go to the second level. We offer free parking for up to two hours with validation. Please bring your parking stub in with you.
The Prince George's Plaza Metro Station (Green and Yellow Lines) is only a 5-minute walk away.