COVID-19 Testing Turnaround Time
- It takes 2-7 days to receive test results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available.
- It is very important to remain in quarantine until you receive your results.
- Most patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test.
- Not everyone with symptoms requires or is able to receive testing. Testing decisions are based on MedStar Health policies, and CDC and local health department guidelines.
Need to see a doctor but don’t have an appointment? At MedStar Health Urgent Care, you never need to book in advance. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We provide non-emergency treatment for illness and injury, but we are much more than a walk-in clinic. In Waldorf our urgent care center has three observation rooms in case you need a higher level of care. Registered nurses are on hand to provide EKG monitoring and IV hydration. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
MedStar Health Urgent Care is just off Crain Highway, conveniently located in the Waldorf Market Place shopping center, and free parking is available. We are one mile away from St. Charles Towne Center and one mile away from the College of Southern Maryland.
We’re part of the MedStar Health system, so we can assist you with access to ongoing health care services. Find a primary care provider at the neighboring MedStar Medical Group at Waldorf. Should you need to see a specialist, we’ll be happy to connect you. MedStar Health at Brandywine is only six miles away, offering primary care, orthopedics, cardiology, radiology, rehabilitation, and more in one comprehensive health center.
With extended evening, weekend and holiday hours, the health care experts are here for you when you need us. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 301-932-5960 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.