Save Time and Check In Online
When you need to see a doctor but can’t wait for an appointment, MedStar PromptCare is here for you. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
Our urgent care center is open for extended evening, weekend and holiday hours, but we are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Adams Morgan just steps from the intersection of Columbia Road and 18th Street. Our location is a 15-minute walk or a quick Uber ride from the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station, and we’re convenient to bus lines, with the Columbia Road NW and Biltmore Street NW bus stop just outside of our center. On-street parking is available on Columbia Road, and the Colonial Parking Garage (2421 18th Street NW) is also nearby.
When you do need the ongoing care and health management of a primary care physician, MedStar Medical Group at Adams Morgan is right next door.
At MedStar PromptCare at Adams Morgan, we offer convenient, coordinated care when you need it. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line.
Visit Us Today
Address: 1805 Columbia Road, Washington, DC 20009
Phone Number: 855-546-1973 (no appointment needed!)
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Everyday
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care (flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infection treatment, cold symptom treatment, UTI treatment (urinary tract infection), yeast infection treatment, and more)
- Injury care (stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations, broken bones, minor burn treatment and more)
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots
- Vaccinations for international travel
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
- StarPass medical discount program
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar PromptCare participates with most major health insurance plans, including the following. The list below should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar PromptCare, please call your insurance company.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.
We've provided these helpful resources for you to explore at your convenience.
- 14 MedStar PromptCare Locations- Check In Online
- When to use urgent care at MedStar PromptCare
- Find a primary care doctor's office near you.
- MedStar Health hospital emergency rooms