THIS CLASS IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT ANY TIME AND IS ON-DEMAND - PLEASE DISREGARD DATE AND TIME
Preparing for fatherhood is no easy task. Men want to support their partners and new babies, but often feel lost and unsure about how to do that. This convenient, informative, and entertaining eClass was created for men (by men) to help them find their way on this unique journey. With a positive focus on the importance of being involved right from the start, you’ll learn how to support your partner through pregnancy and birth, as well as survival tips for those first few sleep-deprived months with a newborn. Integrated throughout the class are fun activities and video clips that share the relatable stories of real dads and advice from a fatherhood expert.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
The class will take about 3 hours to complete.
- The Importance of Fathers
- The Pregnant Dad: Involved From the Start /li>
- Labor and Delivery: A Dad Is Born
- Baby Care: Dad in Action
- The Postpartum Dad: Emotions & Your Relationship
- Parenting: A Dad's Life
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- PDF library including What to Labor Partner’s Tip Sheet, Safe Swaddling, Baby Supplies Checklist, and Home Safety Checklist
- Audio library with a cesarean birth visualization exercise, a prenatal bonding exercise, and more
- Essential pregnancy and new-parent tools, such as Trimester To-Do Lists, a Contraction Timer, and Feeding Log
- Glossary and web links
- Class completion certificate
Discounts are available for MedStar Health Associates, MedStar Family Choice members, and Military with a spouse deployed. Please call 1-888-746-2852 for discount information and to register.
How it works:
- Once you purchase your seat to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 9 months.
If you have any questions, please email: MedStarBirthandFamilyEducation@medstar.net or call Beth Kegley at 443-777-2447.