- Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Transplant Surgery
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
- bile duct dilation
- bile duct mass
- hepatic cyst
- hepatobiliary cancer
- pancreatic cancer
- pancreatic cyst
- bile duct repair
- laparoscopic ablation of liver lesion or tissue
- laparoscopic liver resection
- liver surgery
- liver transplant
- pancreatic surgery
Pejman Radkani, MD, MsPH
About the Provider
Dr. Radkani is a board-certified hepatopancreatobiliary and liver transplant surgeon who specializes in the treatment of liver tumors and cysts, liver transplantation, pancreatic tumors and cysts, and bile duct lesions. His areas of special expertise include the treatment of primary and secondary liver tumors, bile duct disease and tumors, and benign and cancerous tumors in the pancreas. He is a skilled surgeon, especially experienced in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic liver and pancreas resection and surgery.
Dr. Radkani earned his medical degree at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, in Iran, where he was born. He completed his residency in general surgery, also serving as Chief Resident, and his fellowship in surgical oncology at Mount Sinai Medical Center as well as a fellowship in hepatopancreatobiliary (liver, pancreas, and bile duct) surgery and abdominal multi-organ transplantation at Mount Sinai’s Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine. Dr. Radkani also completed a fellowship in minimally invasive hepatopancreatobiliary surgery and robotic living donor liver transplantation at Severance Academy, Yonsei University Health System in South Korea and a fellowship in minimally invasive hepatopancreatobiliary surgery at Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, France.
Dr. Radkani offers his patients both non-surgical and surgical treatment options for liver and pancreas disease, taking a multidisciplinary approach to treatment to ensure his patients have access to all options. He sees patients at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
In addition to treating patients, Dr. Radkani also takes part in training residents, fellows, and medical students and is an active researcher in liver, pancreas, and bile duct disease.
When he’s not working, Dr. Radkani is an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys, kayaking, biking, camping, and running. He also loves traveling and has traveled extensively in Asia and Europe.
- Fellowship Program: Yonsei University (2016)
- Fellowship Program: Mount Sinai Medical Center (2016)
- Fellowship Program: Mt. Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach (2014)
- Residency Program: Mt. Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach (2013)
- Medical School: Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (2001)
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- 3800 Reservoir Road NorthwestWashington, DC 20007
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital