Browse this page
Welcome to the CyberKnife Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical CenterThe experts at the MedStar Health Cancer Network are successfully treating tumors using CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery, one of the most advanced technologies available to eliminate malignant and benign tumors anywhere in the body. Our specialists are among the most experienced CyberKnife experts in the world offering health, hope, and improved quality of life to many people."
Why Choose Us for CyberKnife Treatment?
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is a leader at treating cancerous and non-cancerous tumors with CyberKnife®. Our high patient volumes make our specialists among the most experienced CyberKnife experts in the world. MedStar Franklin Square’s CyberKnife Program offers health, hope, and improved quality of life to many people.
Unlike other radiosurgery systems, our CyberKnife is equipped with a robotic arm that allows the best access to difficult-to-reach tumors. This is combined with state-of-the-art image-guidance technology that tracks and corrects for even the slightest movement, such as a patient’s breathing, during treatment. This reduces radiation spillover to other areas.
Successful CyberKnife treatment also depends on a team of trained specialists with extensive experience in using the technology to heal patients. MedStar Franklin Square offers the world's leading CyberKnife technology as well as the experts to help you get well in a warm, welcoming environment.
For more information about CyberKnife and the referral process, please contact our CyberKnife coordinator, Linda Hall, at 877-CYBER01 (877-292-3701).
- One of the first CyberKnife programs offered in the U.S. and the only center in the region to offer this treatment to prostate cancer patients.
- A team approach that involves surgical, medical and radiation oncology experts, urologists and a physicist specializing in CyberKnife
- Dedicated support staff and care coordinators who help you navigate your journey to recovery
- Renowned cancer specialists pioneering new and innovative ways to treat tumors with CyberKnife
- Access to groundbreaking clinical trials that aren’t available anywhere else
- Fast-track program for a second opinion within 48 hours (video visits now available)
- National endorsement of accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC)
As part of MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute, we bring unmatched medical expertise, the latest therapies, and research to the region- providing the best possible care to home and the ones you love.
Types of cancer and services
- Bone Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
Location: Change location Enter your location
Explaining Cyberknife with Dr. Stephen Ronson
Philosophy Of Care: Dr. Stephen Ronson
MedStar Health participates with most major health insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to make sure your plan is covered.
As part of the MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute network, our center continuously meets the rigorous standards that are required to earn recognition from some of the nation’s most highly regarded accrediting bodies. This includes:
American College of Radiology (ACR)
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
Accredited by the American Society of Radiation Oncology