Each year, our associates and physicians unite together in a gratitude movement. They choose to participate in philanthropy through expressions of gratitude. See how our team supported those we serve across the MedStar Health system.
The 2019 Power to Heal Campaign will support hospital-specific funds that benefit the care and needs of our patients. Additional MedStar Health programs will support the following:
- MedStar Health supports patient care programs.
- MedStar Ambulatory Services supports patient care programs.
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center supports the new Surgical Pavilion and Inpatient Oncology Unit renovation projects. Funds received will be split evenly.
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital supports patient comfort and ease during construction of the Medical/Surgical Pavilion, specifically renovations to the West Wing Circle.
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital supports the purchase of equipment and other items needed for the new Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.
- MedStar Graduate Medical Education supports MedStar Health medical education programs.
- MedStar Harbor Hospital supports the Needy Patient Fund.
- MedStar Health Institute for Quality and Safety supports various programs within the institute.
- MedStar Health Research Institute supports the New Investigator's Fund to establish the careers of investigators who are new to MedStar Health.
- MedStar Institute for Innovation supports various programs within the institute.
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center supports the renovation and expansion project that will transform the oncology center’s external environment, as well as enhance the footprint of our internal space to optimize access for the patients and families we serve.
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Network Inpatient fund supports the implementation of Telesitting, a vitally important new video monitoring technology which will help reduce patient falls and improve patient satisfaction. The Outpatient fund continues to build and strengthen our Transportation Program which offers taxi services to those patients who cannot travel on their own to therapy appointments.
- MedStar SiTEL supports innovations in education and training.
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center supports the capital renovation and enhancement of the new emergency department.
- MedStar Sports Medicine supports patient care programs.
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital supports the purchase of water bottle filling stations and an outdoor picnic area. Any remaining funds will support the palliative care program.
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital supports the construction of the new Heart and Vascular Outpatient Center.
- MedStar Visiting Nurse Association supports the Quality of Life Fund to provide support to patients who lack the financial means to buy medical supplies, prescription medicines, or daily living necessities.
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center helps enhance and maintain the Adult Day Room in Unit 1C. The older adult day room is a calm, creative space that promotes healing for patients as they participate in complimentary therapies and socialize. The room will be upgraded with furniture, flooring and lighting, which will help minimize the sensory overload that geriatric patients experience in a typical room setting.
Scroll over the images below to learn more.