Express gratitude to your fellow healthcare associates!The annual Power to Heal Campaign offers the opportunity to join in celebrating a growing culture of gratitude at MedStar Health through a gift in honor of a colleague, friend, or caregiver. We invite you to participate in this year’s campaign by sharing kind words with fellow healthcare associates.
Caregiver burnout, especially throughout the past year, has taken a toll on our healthcare associates. To build on the progress that we have made in 2021, this year’s Power to Heal Campaign will continue to support associate wellbeing initiatives.
In the past year, we have been able to create a peer support network, build recharging stations in our facilities, implement wellness rounds, and share mental health and wellness resources with our associates. Our wellbeing initiatives program is here to stay and we look forward to growing the program with your support.
- Expand peer-to-peer services and support networks for associates to receive available, approachable, and real-time attention, including care for the caregiver, where associates are trained to help each other
- Provide mental health support for physicians and associates, to educate on impact, recognizing the need for services, and reducing the barriers
- Support nurse, physician, residents, and associate wellbeing for all areas of healthcare
- Utilize resilience coaches and train leaders on how to create a culture of wellbeing and integrate it into their everyday
- Grow virtual services for those associates working remotely
- Ensure access to mental health resources and help streamline access with a central hotline, email address, and website
- Enhance recharge rooms to provide associates with serene indoor spaces to refresh and energize
- Beautify outdoor spaces to provide tranquil locations for associates to rejuvenate Offer fitness classes and team building exercises to enhance overall wellness and boost morale
- Amplify wellness rounds to meet the wellbeing needs of associates in the workplace
Director of Residency Wellbeing and Behavioral Health Education
What is the Power to Heal Campaign?
This annual campaign offers you the opportunity to join in celebrating a growing culture of gratitude at MedStar Health. In honor of your colleagues and fellow associates, you may give a philanthropic gift, gratitude message, or both.
When can I participate?
ANYTIME! Your philanthropic gift, no matter the size, is welcome today or any time during the year.
Who will benefit from my contribution?
Where can I participate?
How does it work?
When will my payroll deduction start?January 7, 2022.
Please note, if you already have a payroll deduction, you do not need to submit a new form.
What is my annual payroll deduction contribution?
If you are interested in payroll deduction, the chart below outlines suggested investment amounts.
If I missed signing up for payroll deduction in 2021; can I start a recurring gift any time of the year?
How do I update my payroll deduction?
To make the following changes to your payroll deduction, please email email@example.com.
- To stop your payroll deduction.
- To change your fund designation.
- To change your per pay amount.
Please be advised that depending on when you submit your request, it may take a pay period to stop the deduction. For example, if you request three days before a payday to stop your deduction, the deduction will stop the following payday. We will let you know the exact date your deduction will stop after you contact us.
Can I make a one-time deduction via payroll?Yes, you can make a one-time payroll deduction on the first pay date, January 7, 2022, for a minimum donation amount of $10.
Can I support more than one fund?
Yes! Simply indicate how much you would like to designate to each fund on the form.
Where can I find my receipt for tax purposes?
Your total deduction for the year can be found on your pay stub. To view your deduction, click here and navigate to “Self Service,” then click on "Payroll and Tax." Here you will see your past paychecks. Click on your paycheck and you will see a field towards the bottom named "After-Tax Deductions: MedStar Health Gift."
For more information about your pay stub, click here.
Who can I contact with questions?