- Orthopedic Surgery
David L. Gold, MD, is a fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and joint replacement, using both computer-assisted and traditional techniques. In addition to hip, knee, and shoulder replacements, Dr. Gold also performs fracture care and general orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Gold attended the University of Maryland, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in orthopedic surgery, internship, and fellowship from the same institute. He also completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Gold is the medical director for joint replacement surgery at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and is part of MedStar Orthopaedics. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Gold focuses on combining high-quality patient care and surgical expertise to create an excellent patient experience. The office's nursing staff and physical therapists go above and beyond to make it a wonderful experience for each and every patient. Patients have such positive results that they cannot imagine having had a better experience while in a hospital.
David Gold, MD, was named a 2016 "Top Doc" by Baltimore Magazine for orthopaedic surgery: joint.
- Fellowship Program: University of Pennsylvania Hospital (1992)
- Residency Program: University of Maryland Medical Center (1991)
- Internship Program: University of Maryland Medical Center (1987)
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine (1986)
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
Extramedullary versus intramedullary tibial alignment guides for total knee arthroplasty. Orthopedics, 2005.
Long-term results of the GORE-TEX graft for reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament. University of Maryland Research Day, 1991.
The use of epidural anesthesia in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. National Meeting of the American Society of Sports Medicine. 1992.
Multiple presentations and orthopedic seminars on the use of computer navigation for total knee replacements.
Effects of various diets on the cholesterol levels in lab animals, biochemistry lab, 1978/1980.
Retrieval analysis of joint implants to assess bone ingrowth. Anderson Clinic, orthopedic research, 1991.
- Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- Innovation Health: Indemnity
- Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- Innovation Health: POS Plus
- Innovation Health: PPO
- Open EPO Plus
- Open POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- Aetna Student Health Insurance
- Aetna USAccess (POS)
- Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)
- HealthyBlue PPO
- CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std. & Basic PPO)
- CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- Choice Fund PPO
- POS OA & OA Plus
- CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- CIGNA Indemnity
- CIGNA POS/Network POS
- Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- First Health PPO
- FIRST HEALTH
- MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Family Choice-DC Healthy Families
- MedStar Medicare Choice
- MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- Tricare Extra (Indemnity)
- Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare Compass (HMO)
- United Healthcare Core Essential (HMO)
- M.D. IPA (HMO)
- M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- OneNet PPO, Inc.
- Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)
- United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- United Student Resources
- AETNA (13)
- CAREFIRST (8)
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE (6)
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK (4)
- FIRST HEALTH (NOW COVENTRY) (1)
- MEDSTAR FAMILY CHOICE (2)
- MEDSTAR MEDICARE CHOICE (1)
- MEDSTAR SELECT (1)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, INC. (PHCS) (1)
- TRICARE (4)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (12)
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc: 2016, 2014, 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Balder Scholarship Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement Senatorial Scholar