George John Pyrgos, MD, is medical director of the Angelos Center for Lung Diseases at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. Board certified, Dr. Pyrgos clinical interests include obstructive lung diseases, asthma and allergic disorders as well immunologic-based lung diseases such as sarcoidosis, interstitial and autoimmune-associated lung diseases.
Dr. Pyrgos is a member of several professional organizations including American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians, and the American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology. When he is not practicing medicine, he enjoys sailing, music and hiking.
George Pyrgos, MD, named a 2018 "Top Doc" by Baltimore Magazine for pulmonary.
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (2010)
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (2009)
- Residency Program: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (2005)
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (2001)
- Internship Program: Aria Health (1999)
- Medical School: University of Ioannina Medical School (1997)
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
- Board Certification: American Board of Allergy and Immunology, Allergy and Immunology
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc, 2017-2018