- Certified Nurse Midwife
Loral Patchen lives in Washington, D.C., with her husband, a native of Colombia, and their teenage daughter. She is an avid cyclist and enjoys hiking with her dog, Stella. Most weekends between March and November she may be found in her garden.
Patchen, L, Rebok, G, Astone, NM. Differences in Obesity Rates Among Minority and White Women: The Latent Role of Maternal Stress. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health 2016 Jul: 61(4):489-96."
Patchen, L, LeTourneau, K, Berggren, E. Evaluation of an Integrated Services Program to Prevent Subsequent Pregnancy and Birth among Urban Teen Mothers. Soc Work Health Care. 2013 Aug; 52(7):642-55.
Patchen, L; Lanzi, RG. Maternal depression and rapid subsequent pregnancy among first time mothers. MCN The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing. 2013 Jul-Aug;38(4): 215-20.
Evans, W.D., Patchen, L., Pease, T.E., Nestle-Patt, J.P. & Wallace, J. (2012). Teen Pregnancy Prevention Among At-Risk Urban Youth: Improving Parent-Child Connectedness. In S.R. Notaro (Ed.), Health Disparities Among Under-Served Populations: Implications for Research, Policy and Praxis (pp. 177-206). United Kingdom: Emerald.
Lanzi, R., Patchen, L., Bert, S.C. (2011). Experiences with childhood trauma and prenatal depression among first-time adolescent and young adult mothers: Risk factors for subsequent pregnancy within twelve months. Free Inquiry in Creative Sociology, 39(2), 35-44.
Berggren, E., Patchen, L. Prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Repeat Infection Among Pregnant Urban Adolescents. Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Mar;38(3):172-4.
Patchen, L., Berggren, E. Use of the Copper T380A Intrauterine Device by Adolescent Mothers: Continuation and Method Failure. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2011 Apr;24(2):71-3.
Patchen, L., Caruso, D., Lanzi, R.G. Poor Maternal Mental Health and Trauma as Risk Factors for a Short Interpregnancy Interval among Adolescent Mothers. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing 2009; 16:401-403.
Patchen, L., Beal, M. Preventing Perinatal Transmission of HIV: An Evidence-Based Update for Midwives. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health 2001; 46:354-365.
- Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- Innovation Health: Indemnity
- Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- Innovation Health: POS Plus
- Innovation Health: PPO
- Open EPO Plus
- Open POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- Aetna Student Health Insurance
- Aetna USAccess (POS)
- Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)
- HealthyBlue PPO
- CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std. & Basic PPO)
- CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- Choice Fund PPO
- POS OA & OA Plus
- CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- CIGNA Indemnity
- CIGNA POS/Network POS
- Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- First Health PPO
- FIRST HEALTH
- MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Family Choice-DC Healthy Families
- MedStar Medicare Choice
- MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- Tricare Extra (Indemnity)
- Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare Compass (HMO)
- United Healthcare Core Essential (HMO)
- M.D. IPA (HMO)
- M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- OneNet PPO, Inc.
- Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)
- United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- United Student Resources
- AETNA (13)
- CAREFIRST (8)
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE (6)
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK (4)
- FIRST HEALTH (NOW COVENTRY) (1)
- MEDSTAR FAMILY CHOICE (2)
- MEDSTAR MEDICARE CHOICE (1)
- MEDSTAR SELECT (1)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, INC. (PHCS) (1)
- TRICARE (4)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (12)
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital