- Pain Medicine
Matthew Hansen, MD, is director of the Center for Interventional Pain Management at MedStar Franklin Square. Dr. Hansen received his bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and his doctoral degree from the Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He completed an internship at Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading, PA; a residency in anesthesiology at Harvard Medical School's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston; and a fellowship in pain medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH, where he also served as chief fellow. He is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in both pain medicine and anesthesiology.
A sampling of his publications can be found as contributing author to Interventional Pain Medicine and Understanding Pain: What You Need to Know to Take Control.
Dr. Hansen was named a 2018 “Top Doc” by Baltimore Magazine for Pain Medicine and was also recognized in 2017, 2016, and 2014.
- Fellowship Program: Cleveland Clinic (2011)
- Residency Program: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2010)
- Internship Program: Reading Hospital and Medical Center (2007)
- Medical School: Sidney Kimmel Medical College (2006)
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine
- 9000 Franklin Square DriveBaltimore, MD 21237
Main Building 2C Department of Pain Management
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015