About the Center for Successful Aging
Our highly-skilled team has a deep respect for the people they care for and are committed to working with patients, family members, and caregivers to ensure quality of life and health. At the Center for Successful Aging, you’ll also find:
- Geriatricians, fellowship-trained physicians, and skilled nurses trained to meet the needs of aging adults.
- Seamless coordination with a care team that values what matters to you and your family
- Comprehensive resources to help you and your loves ones successfully manage severe chronic conditions
- Connecting you with resources necessary to meet your life’s goals
From diagnosis and treatment to education and support services, we offer a holistic approach to caring for age-related conditions, including:
- Behavioral changes, including depression or anxiety
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart failure, stroke, and more
- Confusion or memory problems
- Decreased mobility Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Impaired vision or hearing Parkinson's
Center for Successful Aging at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
What to expect
At your first appointment, our experts will thoroughly assess your health by reviewing your medical history, health needs, and potential risks for age-related conditions. Next, we’ll create a personalized “Life Plan” designed to help you manage your physical, mental, and emotional health, often in partnership with your primary care provider. A specialized care team will work together to carry out this plan and may include:
- Nurse practitioners
- Social workers
- Other healthcare professionals
As a caregiver for an older adult patient, your needs matter, too. At our Center for Successful Aging, our team is here to provide you with information and resources, connection to support and encouragement as you help your elderly family members age safely at home.
MedStar Health participates with most major health insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to make sure your plan is covered.
Call us today at 301-570-7400 to schedule an appointment.