Browse this page
Comprehensive care for kidney and liver diseases
If you’ve been diagnosed with kidney or liver disease, choosing an experienced, multidisciplinary team of specialists with access to the latest diagnostic tools and medical and surgical treatment options is the first step towards managing your condition and living a healthier life. The Institute is Washington, D.C.,’s largest academic liver and kidney disease treatment program and the area’s leading transplant program.
The entire kidney and liver pre-transplant evaluation, including imaging and lab studies, can be accomplished at the MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute in Annapolis. We are convenient from Route 50, Route 301, and Interstate 95.
To learn more about the MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute and what we offer click here.
Why choose MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute in Annapolis?
- Only one liver program in the region excels in quality outcomes, and is among the best in the nation
- We are the region’s only 5-Tier liver transplant program, with one-year survival exceeding local and national programs
- We have one of the largest liver transplant programs in the country
- Our patients spend less time on the liver transplant waitlist than patients at other area hospitals
- We are the regional leader in living donor kidney transplants, performing 110 in 2018
- Our kidney transplant outcomes exceed what is expected and our survival rates are above the national average
- We are the area’s only National Kidney Registry Donor Shield program, providing living kidney donors several important protections not offered at other area hospitals
- Access to patient resources including kidney support groups to talk and meet with other people who are waiting and or living with a transplant
MedStar Health participates with most major health insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to make sure your plan is covered.