Browse this page
Cardiovascular care you can trust
MedStar Shah Medical Group at Brandywine Medical Center provides comprehensive cardiovascular health services in an innovative, patient-centered environment.
Accessing care is important for everyone. For those with cardiovascular issues, it saves lives. We make access easy and convenient, providing coordinated and compassionate services close to where you live and work.
Our practice uses state-of-the-art medical technology and integrated health records, connected to all MedStar Health providers, services, and facilities.
Health and safety protocols
Your health and safety are always our top priority. Here's what you can expect during your visit:
- Face masks required for everyone, regardless of symptoms
- Frequent disinfecting and cleaning of public spaces and exam rooms, including after every clinical visit
- Screening all patients and visitors for infection symptoms upon arrival
- Sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- No visitors permitted unless necessary, only one visitor is permitted to accompany the patient, such as a caregiver or a parent
The MedStar Shah Medical Group team uses leading-edge technology to provide a full range of cardiovascular medical care, testing, and other important services:
- Cardiology consultation and management for all adult cardiovascular problems, including pre-op evaluation to assess cardiac risk of non-cardiac surgery
- Echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound) for evaluation of heart structure and function
- Exercise treadmill testing and myocardial perfusion (blood flow testing)
- Amyloidosis imaging
- Pacemaker/ICD monitoring
- Short- and long-term heart rate and rhythm monitoring
- Vascular doppler (ultrasound) for imaging of carotid arteries, lower extremity arteries and veins
- Cardiac catheterization, coronary artery angioplasty, and stents
Monday to Friday:
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday to Friday:
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
MedStar Shah Medical Group accepts most major health insurance plans. This is a general list of plans accepted and should be used only as a guide. This list is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health insurance plan is accepted at MedStar Shah Medical Group, please call your insurance company.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna Better Health – Maryland Health Choice*
- Aetna Medicare
- Amerigroup of Maryland – Maryland Health Choice*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BlueCard)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage
- CIGNA Health Care
- CIGNA Medicare Advantage*
- Coventry Health Care*
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP/USFHP)*
- Maryland Physicians Care (“MPC”) – Maryland Health Choice
- Maryland Medicaid Fee for Service
- Medicare Part B
- MedStar Family Choice – MD Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Select
- Priority Partners – Maryland Health Choice*
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- TRICARE East/HUMANA Military
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Select
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare
- United Healthcare Community Plan – Maryland Health Choice
- Veteran’s Affairs Community Care Network/VACCN
MedStar Health Providers participate with a wide range of health insurance products. We accept self-pay patients and the insurance plans listed below. This list is not comprehensive, it is updated periodically and is subject to change. If you do not see your health insurance plan or product listed, or if you have any questions regarding MedStar Health’s participation with your health plan, please contact your health plan to verify participation with our providers.
Since the MedStar Health providers span the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia regions, our participation with DC, Maryland and Virginia Medical Assistance programs varies by provider group. Please contact your MedStar physician’s office to assist with verifying Medical Assistance participation. If you are enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Organization, please contact your Medicaid health plan to verify participation.