COVID-19 Testing Turnaround Time
- It takes 2-7 days to receive test results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available.
- It is very important to remain in quarantine until you receive your results.
- Most patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test.
- Not everyone with symptoms requires or is able to receive testing. Testing decisions are based on MedStar Health policies, and CDC and local health department guidelines.
MedStar Health Urgent Care’s providers are here for you when you need convenient medical care for a non-life-threatening injury or illness, a physical or a flu shot. We are open 365 days a year, including weekends and evenings — and no appointment is ever needed. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department. At Perry Hall, our providers offer coordinated, comprehensive care when you need it from a name you can trust.
We are conveniently located in The Shops and Offices at Ridgely’s Choice, just north of White Marsh Boulevard and Route 1. We offer plenty of free parking with easy access to I-95 and 695. Should you need specialty care, we are conveniently located just minutes from MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. Call 443-678-0978 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did You Know? Primary care is available nearby at Honeygo Center. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.