Browse this page
Welcome to the Spine Center at Chevy ChaseIf you suffer from neck or back pain, you know how debilitating it can be. Whatever the cause of your discomfort, the experts at the MedStar Health Spine Center in Chevy Chase are here to help. Our collaborative team includes board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians in neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, pediatric spine surgery, and physiatry, along with specialists in psychology and physical therapy. Our team offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, as well as rehabilitation and physical therapy.
We proudly accept most major health plans. The list below serves as a guide and is subject to change. If you are unsure about your coverage, please call your insurance provider. Insurance is collected prior to scheduling services.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna (Most products excluding some Health Exchange Plans & Medicare Advantage PFFS)
- Amerigroup - MD sites only; under 21 only
- Anthem Healthkeepers HMO/POS & OA/Medicaid HMO (Virginia locations only)
- Anthem BCB of VA Key Care POS/PPO/Indemnity— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Anthem FEP Standard and Basi— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Carefirst BlueChoice (HMO/Open Access/Opt Out) Plus Open Access (POS/BlueChoice Advantage)
- CareFirst BCBS (Blue Preferred PPO/FEP (Federal Employee Plan) Standard & Basic PPO/Healthy Blue POS, Indemnity
- CareFirst BCBS of Maryland (POS/PPO/Indemnity)
- Choice Care Network/Humana**
- Cigna (EPO/HMO/POS/PPO/Open Access/Indemnity/Great West)
- Conifer Health Solutions, formerly InforMed
- Coventry of Delaware (HMO/PPO)
- Coventry National PPO
- Coventry of VA
- First Health PPO
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP & USFHP only)
- Kaiser Permanente (Flexible Choice POS/Medicare Plus/Select/Select-Added Choice)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature and Signature Added Choice (Accepted at Irving Street location only)
- Kaiser Permanente MD and VA Medicaid MCO *specialists and Irving Street location only
- Medicare (Part A & B)
- Medicaid (Virginia & DC)*
- Medicaid (Maryland—now accepted at most locations)
- MedStar Family Choice (DC Healthy Families & DC Alliance) (DC locations only for D.C. Alliance)
- MedStar Family Choice (Health Choice—MD Medicaid)
- MedStar Medicare Choice (DC & Maryland residents only)
- MedStar Select
- Peace Corps
- Police and Fire Clinic in D.C. (PFC)
- Priority Partners— MD sites only; UNDER 21 only
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Includes Evergreen via PHCS
- TRICARE/HealthNet (Extra/Prime/Standard/TriCare for Life)
- United Healthcare Commercial Plans (Choice HMO/Choice Plus POS/Core HMO/Options PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose Select HMO/Select Plus/Student Resources)
- United Healthcare-MAMSI Plans (MDIPA HMO/MDIPA
- POS/Optimum Choice HMO/Optimum Choice Preferred POS & OCI Direct HMO/MAMSI Life & Health—PPO/Navigate/Indemnity) Compass**
- United Healthcare Community Plan (Maryland Health Choice)
- United Healthcare Medicare Plans (Evercare-Medicare)
- Advantage Special Needs Plans/Erikson
- Advantage/Secure Horizons/AARP Medicare
- Complete Plans/Medicare Solutions/UHC Group
- Medicare Advantage Plans—HMO, POS, PPO
- Veterans Choice Program
- Worker’s Compensation (All therapy locations)
*Medicaid: DC Medicaid and Virginia Medicaid are only accepted at the Irving Street locations. Please refer to the above list for Medicaid MCO participation.
**Coverage not accepted for Inpatient and Outpatient Services rendered at 102 Irving Street, NW, Washington, D.C., main hospital site.