Browse this page
Providing expertise in liver and pancreas surgeryMedStar Health Center for Liver and Pancreas Surgery is close to you and your patients, with multiple locations throughout the region for evaluations and long-term surveillance. With specialized nurse-coordinated care, our center offers convenient locations throughout the region for evaluation and ongoing care. Together, we look forward to providing you with the best possible patient care.
Our servicesAs the only fully integrated, multidisciplinary program of its type within the Washington region, the Pancreas and Liver Disease Program provides experienced care to patients of all ages with complex conditions of the liver, pancreas and biliary tract—including children from infancy to age 18.
We offer the full spectrum of medical and surgical pediatric care available, including:
- Evaluation and medical management of rare pediatric liver disorders
- Cutting-edge pediatric hepatobiliary surgery for hepatoblastomas, angiosarcomas, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, and choledochal cysts
- Advanced pediatric endoscopic techniques
- Transplant for young patients with serious liver or small bowel disease.
- Care is delivered by a multidisciplinary, subspecialty team of nationally and internationally known pediatricians, pediatric specialists, and pediatric surgeons who embrace a family-centered philosophy.
- Pediatric hepatologists and transplant specialists
- Fellowship-trained surgeons in the Center for Liver and Pancreas Surgery
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric nurses and nurse practitioners
- Child life specialists
- Social workers
- A dedicated Pediatric Sedation Unit and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit further assure the most specialized, compassionate, and age-appropriate care and services available. Lastly, our child-friendly setting features a play area for recreational and therapeutic activities to ease anxiety.
Why choose us?
You are more than your liver or pancreas condition. That’s why we collaborate with experts from many disciplines to determine the best course of treatment for you. If that plan includes surgery, we have the advanced skills and experience you need to get back to living your life.
For many procedures, we offer advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques with an improvement in postoperative pain, a shorter hospital stay, and a reduction in some types of complications compared to open surgery.
Location: Change location Enter your location
Emily R Winslow, MD
Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology, Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery & Transplant Surgery
Jason Solomon Hawksworth, MD
Small Bowel Transplant Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive General Surgery, Gastrointestinal Transplant Surgery, Liver Transplant Surgery, Pediatric Liver Transplant Surgery, Pediatric Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery, Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery & Transplant Surgery
Thomas Marlon Fishbein, MD
Liver Transplant Surgery, Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery & Transplant Surgery
Erin Meslar, PA-C
Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery
Pejman Radkani, MD
Liver Transplant Surgery, Small Bowel Transplant Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology, Gastrointestinal Transplant Surgery, Hepatobiliary And Pancreatic Surgery & Transplant Surgery
MedStar Health participates with most major health insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to make sure your plan is covered.