Candidates who will have received their MHA, MBA, or MPH with a focus in healthcare administration/management between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, or who will receive their degree upon the completion of a fellowship, are eligible to apply for an administrative fellowship at MedStar Health. Eligible applicants are graduates of an accredited domestic MHA, MBA, or MPH program. The MedStar Health Fellowships are administrative fellowships and are designed for those who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare administration in an integrated delivery system, hospital or ambulatory setting. The fellowships are not health policy or public health fellowships. We do not sponsor visas for this program.
- Cover Letter (one per applicant)
- Personal Statement (one per applicant)
- Written statement of the applicant's career objectives and why the applicant is applying for the fellowship. Indicate which MedStar Health Administrative Fellowship Program(s) you are interested in applying to, and briefly describe your interest in each program.
- Official Graduate School Transcript. If submitting application by mail, send Official Graduate School Transcript directly from the school or digital credential service
- Three Letters of Recommendation: one academic, one professional, and one other. Academic, professional, or letter from your program director. If mailing application, letters of recommendation can be included in application packet or sent directly from the recommender to the address below.
If applying by mail, please mail your complete application packet to:
Kenneth A. Samet, FACHE
President and CEO
10980 Grantchester Way
Columbia, MD 21044
Mailed applications must be postmarked by October 1. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020: Application Deadline
- Early October: Phone interviews conducted
- Mid October and early November: Superior candidates will be invited to interview on-site with executives at MedStar Health
- Official offers will be extended after the completion of on-site interviews
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020: Offers must be accepted
Other Important Information
Start Date: June/July 2021 (negotiable)
Term: 1 year
Benefits: Full (includes paid holidays, vacation, and health insurance).
The selection process is highly competitive. After an initial review of application materials, superior candidates will be invited to interview on-site.
Please contact any of the current fellows if you have any questions regarding the fellowship or application process.
If you would like to learn more about MedStar Health's Administrative Fellowship Programs and have an opportunity to ask past/current fellows questions, please attend one of our upcoming informational webinars.
- Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 from 5 to 6 p.m. EST
- Friday, Sept. 18, 2020 from 2 to 3 p.m. EST