MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital Scholarship
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital recognizes the critical need for specially trained associates. The hospital has designed a scholarship program for individuals who seek an educational degree, license, or certification that is essential to the care of our patients. MedStar St. Mary's Hospital provides scholarships in return for service for critical positions that benefit our community.
Since 2001, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital has been awarding scholarships to Southern Maryland candidates interested in pursuing a healthcare career. With many opportunities in the medical field, the following positions are needed most by MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital. Applicants that are considering pursuing the following educational programs are encouraged to apply:
- Registered Nurses
- Respiratory Therapists
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
- Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Radiology/Imaging Technicians
Each awarded scholarship covers payment for tuition, books, and fees associated with the degree or certification.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Scholarships are only for residents of Southern Maryland: St. Mary's, Charles and Calvert counties.
- You must have at least a 3.0 high school GPA if applying within four years of high school graduation.
- If it has been more than four years since high school graduation, please submit an ACT score or proof of degree from another school. (This program is not exclusively focusing on high-school aged students; many receive a scholarship as a second career.)
- In return for receiving the scholarship, recipients will commit to working at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital.
Congratulations to our 2023 recipient!
Jada Thomas - Nursing,
Scholarship Application Form
Scholarship applications for the next cycle will be due by Friday, March 8, 2024.