Removal of the foreskin to help decrease urinary tract or penile infections and other skin conditions on the penis.
Curvature of the penis
Some men are born with a noticeable curvature of the penis (congenital penile curvature) that may affect sexual intercourse. Other men develop curvature of the penis with erection (Peyronie’s disease) that can make sexual intercourse painful or difficult.
We offer surgery for correction of congenital curvature of the penis. We offer medical and minimally invasive treatments for Peyronie’s disease, including injection of clostridial collagenase – an enzyme that breaks down the collagen in scar tissue that causes curvature.
We also offer multiple surgical treatment options for Peyronie’s disease—including plication, incision, and/or excision and grafting and, in some cases, penile prosthesis insertion.
- Difficulty achieving erections can happen for many reasons.
- We offer a full spectrum of treatments, ranging from oral options, injection, therapy, vacuum devices, surgery, and in some cases, counseling.
- Surgery for erectile dysfunction involves insertion of a penile prosthesis. There are several different types of prosthesis, including malleable (semi-rigid) and inflatable versions.
Penile cancer (cancer of the penis)
- Surgery (penectomy) may be required to remove a part of (partial) or the entire penis (radical) for cancer.
- Inguinal lymph node dissection (removal of the lymph nodes from the groin) may be required to diagnose or treat cancer of the penis that has spread.
- Some cases may require chemotherapy and/or radiation.