Experienced urology specialists delivering the highest quality care
At the MedStar Health Department of Urology at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center, our experienced providers deliver the highest quality of care, utilizing the most advanced and innovative techniques to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. Our department specializes in several areas of urology:
- The most complete urologic cancer services in the area for prostate, kidney, bladder, and testicular cancers
- Highest volume prostate cancer surgeons regionally and nationally
- Multidisciplinary approach, working closely with radiation oncology and medical oncology
- Expert team of fellowship-trained female urology providers specializing in urinary tract and pelvic floor disorders
- Latest treatments for urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and recurrent UTIs
Endourology and stone disease
- Cutting-edge, minimally invasive techniques for kidney stones, enlarged prostates, and other urinary tract conditions
- Specialists experienced in restoring function to the urinary tract after injury or insult, including conditions such as: urethral stricture, urinary fistula, buried penis, and incontinence
- Multidisciplinary team including Urology, Plastic Surgery, and Colorectal Surgery that provide comprehensive care with a common interest of optimal outcomes
- Routine and preventive care for men and women with incontinence, UTIs, and other common conditions
- Erectile and sexual dysfunction treatment, including the complete range of medical and surgical treatments
- Vasectomies, the most effective form of male birth control
With a team of fellowship trained specialists using the most advanced treatments and highly experienced general urologists and nurse practitioners, we are committed to providing exceptional care to your patients, not only delivering excellent outcomes, but also improving their quality of life.
Why choose Urology at MedStar Health?
Comprehensive, multidisciplinary care
Our team of fellowship trained, board certified urologists offer the latest treatments for the full range of urological conditions and diseases, including urologic oncology, reconstructive urology, endourology, female urology and urogynecology, general urology and men’s health.
Cutting-edge technology and techniques
Our cutting-edge facilities at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center provide patients with access to the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of urologic conditions. Many of these advances are not available at other centers in the region:
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery including:
- Pelvic fascia-sparing robotic prostatectomy
- Partial nephrectomy
- Vena cava tumor thrombectomy
- Intracorporeal urinary diversion and neobladder
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection
- Pyeloplasty and upper urinary tract reconstruction
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancer
- Robotic bladder neck reconstruction
- Robotic ureteral reconstruction including with buccal mucosa
- MRI-guided prostate biopsies
- Transperineal prostate biopsy
- Blue light cystoscopy
- Laser enucleation of prostate (LEP) and UroLift
- Mini percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- And more
Leaders in research and innovation
Our physicians are national leaders in urology research and the development of new treatments. Your patients benefit from access to clinical trials at the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, the region’s only comprehensive cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute.
Our specialists have received numerous grants from the NIH, NCI, and other organizations, including the highest level R01 grant to study robotic prostatectomy outcomes. They have published in all the major peer-reviewed publications and presented their research at national and international conferences. They are also involved in multiple industry-sponsored trials, making sure patients have access to all the newest treatments available.