- Pancreatobiliary Diseases
- Interventional Gastroenterology
- Gastroenterology; board certified
- autoimmune pancreatitis
- barrett's esophagus
- bile duct mass
- bile duct stone
- chronic pancreatitis
- colonic polyps
- esophageal motility disorders
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- pancreatic cyst
- colon stenting
- endoscopic ampullectomy
- endoscopic dilation of ampulla and biliary duct
- endoscopic mucosal resection
- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- endoscopic ultrasound
- enteral stenting
- esophageal manometry
- esophageal ph test
- esophageal stent
- internal drainage of pancreatic cyst
- overstitch endoscopic suturing
- radiofrequency ablation of barrett's esophagus
Abhinav Sankineni, MD, MPH, is board certified in internal medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Sankineni attended Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences in Andhra Pradesh, India, where he earned his medical degree. He completed his residency at Abington Memorial Hospital and his fellowships in advanced endoscopy, gastroenterology and gastrointestinal motility at Temple University Hospital. Additionally, Dr. Sankineni holds a master's degree in public health from West Virginia University.
Dr. Sankineni specializes in interventional gastroenterology including endoscopic ultrasound, ERCP, esophageal, duodenal, colonic stenting, esophageal pH testing and esophageal motility studies.
Dr. Sankineni discussed esophageal motility testing for people who have swallowing issues during a segment with Health Professional Radio. Click here to listen.
Learn more from Dr. Sankineni about diagnosing esophageal problems featured in the Winter 2018 issue of Discover Magazine.
- Fellowship Program: Temple University Hospital (2016)
- Fellowship Program: Temple University Hospital (2015)
- Residency Program: Abington Memoiral Hospital (2011)
- Medical School: Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences (2006)
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
Malik, Z., Sankineni, A., & Parkman, H. P. (2015). Assessing pyloric sphincter pathophysiology using EndoFLIP in patients with gastroparesis. Neurogastroenterology and Motility : The Official Journal of the European Gastrointestinal Motility Society, doi:10.1111/nmo.12522 [doi]
Maranki, J. L., Sankineni, A., Smith, M. S., Klebanov, N., Friedenberg, F. K., Haluszka, O., . . . Parkman, H. P. (2014). Tu1982 practice patterns in the treatment of achalasia: Results of a nationwide survey. Gastroenterology, 146(5), S-889.
Shin, G. H., Sankineni, A., & Parkman, H. P. (2014). Bolus retention in hiatal hernia identified by high-resolution esophageal manometry with impedance. Neurogastroenterology and Motility : The Official Journal of the European Gastrointestinal Motility Society, 26(5), 679-684. doi:10.1111/nmo.12312 [doi]
Keller, D. S., Parkman, H. P., Boucek, D. O., Sankineni, A., Meilahn, J. E., Gaughan, J. P., & Harbison, S. (2013). Surgical outcomes after gastric electric stimulator placement for refractory gastroparesis. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, , 1-7.
Sankineni, A., Salieb, L., Harrison, M., Fisher, R. S., & Parkman, H. P. (2013). Slow esophageal propagation velocity: Association with dysphagia for solids. Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 25(1), e44-e51.
George, N. S., Sankineni, A., & Parkman, H. P. (2012). Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in gastroparesis. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, , 1-8.
Friedenberg, F. K., Dadabhai, A., Palit, A., & Sankineni, A. (2012). The impact of functional constipation on quality of life of middle-aged black americans: A prospective caseΓÇôcontrol study. Quality of Life Research, 21(10), 1713-1717.
Friedenberg, F. K., Singh, M., George, N. S., Sankineni, A., & Shah, S. (2012). Prevalence and distribution of adenomas in black americans undergoing colorectal cancer screening. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 57(2), 489-495.
Sachdeva, P., Pathikonda, M., Sankineni, A., Cassilly, D., Harrison, M. J., & Parkman, H. P. (2012). Sa1388 symptom recurrence after stopping proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) in patients undergoing esophageal pH monitoring:ΓÇ£the reverse therapeutic PPI trialΓÇ¥. Gastroenterology, 142(5), S-290.
Sankineni, A., George, N., Harrison, M., & Parkman, H. (2012). Multiple rapid swallows using high resolution esophageal manometry for motor disorders of the esophagus. Paper presented at the , 24 160-160.
Sankineni, A., & Friedenberg, F. K. (2010). M1528: Colorectal cancer screening in african americans 45-49 years old. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 71(5), AB245-AB246.
- Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- Innovation Health: Indemnity
- Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- Innovation Health: POS Plus
- Innovation Health: PPO
- Open EPO Plus
- Open POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- Aetna Student Health Insurance
- Aetna USAccess (POS)
- Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)
- HealthyBlue PPO
- CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std. & Basic PPO)
- CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- Choice Fund PPO
- POS OA & OA Plus
- CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- CIGNA Indemnity
- CIGNA POS/Network POS
- Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- First Health PPO
- FIRST HEALTH
- MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Family Choice-DC Healthy Families
- MedStar Medicare Choice
- MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- Tricare Extra (Indemnity)
- Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare Compass (HMO)
- United Healthcare Core Essential (HMO)
- M.D. IPA (HMO)
- M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- OneNet PPO, Inc.
- Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)
- United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- United Student Resources
- AETNA (13)
- CAREFIRST (8)
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE (6)
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK (4)
- FIRST HEALTH (NOW COVENTRY) (1)
- MEDSTAR FAMILY CHOICE (2)
- MEDSTAR MEDICARE CHOICE (1)
- MEDSTAR SELECT (1)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, INC. (PHCS) (1)
- TRICARE (4)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (12)
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center