Daniel Marchalik, MD, MBA is the Director of the Kidney Stone Program at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and an Associate Professor of Urology at the Georgetown University School of Medicine. He also serves as the Executive Director of the MedStar Health Center for Wellbeing.
Dr. Marchalik offers a variety of treatment options of kidney stone disease, including endoscopic laser surgery, minimally invasive extracorporeal shock wave therapy, and percutaneous treatment of large stone. His team is one of the few teams in the DMV area to offer an outpatient "tubeless" mini-PCNL: a same-day procedure used to treat large kidney stones. Dr. Marchalik places a strong emphasis on preventative care such as medical and dietary modifications for the prevention of kidney stones.
Dr. Marchalik completed his undergraduate studies at Rutgers University, where he graduated summa cum laude. He received his medical degree from the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his internship and residency training with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
As the author of a monthly column in the Lancet, Dr. Marchalik dedicates his time to literature, medicine, and medical education. His interest in literature has helped him craft a depth of care that is unique in the field of surgery. He is the creator and director of the Literature and Medicine Track at the Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Marchalik has completed a master's degree in English Literature at Georgetown University.
Philosophy of Care
"There's a tremendous value in carefully listening to patients and taking the time to discuss values and preferences that are important to each individual. In situations that may provoke anxiety, I help my patients feel as comfortable as possible and make sure that they feel that they are being listened to.
Through clear communication, I help my patients understand the diagnosis and treatment process in order to empower them when making decisions regarding their health. With each diagnosis, there are multiple treatment options. The right choice depends as much on the patient as it does on the disease process."
Conditions and procedures
Procedures I perform
- Dilatation Of Ureter
- Endoscopic Surgery For Urinary Stones
- Hydrocele Repair
- Kidney Surgery
- Laser Lithotripsy
- No Needle No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Ureteral Stent
- Ureteral Stricture Dilation
Distance from Change LocationEnter your Location
1133 21st Street Northwest Suite 601 Washington, DC, 20036202-416-2000
106 Irving Street Northwest Suite 315 Washington, DC, 20010202-877-7011
MedStar Medical Group accepts most major health insurance plans. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health insurance plan is accepted at MedStar Medical Group, please call your insurance company.
List of insurance plans we accept
- Kaiser Virginia Premier
- Kaiser Permanente Flexible Choice POS
- Aetna Better Health of Maryland
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- Kaiser PermanenteSelect-Added Choice
- UnitedHealthcare and AARP Medicare Complete Plans/ UHC Group Medicare Advantage Plans HMO, POS, PPO"
- CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std/Basic PPO/Blue Focus)
- Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)"
- CFBCBS EPO
- UHC Community Plan of MD
- United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)"
- Kaiser Permanente Select
- Cigna HealthSpring Medicare Advantage
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Adv/Special Needs Plans
- Medicare Fee for Service
- Kaiser Permanente Signature
- Kaiser Permanente Signature-Added Choice
- Kaiser MD Medicaid MCO
- Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- Select HMO/HealthFund/Health Network
- Aetna HMO
- Open POS II
- Innovation Health: Open POS Plus
- Choice POS & Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice Open Access (POS)
- Open EPO Plus
- Opoen HMO Option
- Open HMO
- Innovation Health: POS
- Aetna HMO-Open Access/Select OA/HealthFund/Health Network Option OA
- Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- Aetna Elect Choice/ Open Access (POS)
- Innovation Health: POS Plus
- Aetna Managed Choice (POS)
- Innovation Health: PPO
- Aetna Open Choice (PPO)
- Innovation Health: Indemnity
- Aetna Traditional Choice (PPO)
- BlueChoice Open Access
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Open Access
- HealthyBlue PPO
- CFBSBC Blue Preferred PPO
- Choice Fund PPO
- PPO and PPO Plus
- CIGNA EPO
- POS OA & OA Plus
- Network OA
- CIGNA HMO Open Access (OA)
- United Healthcare Choice
- Aetna Student Health Insurance
- CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- CIGNA POS/Network POS
- United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- M.D. IPA (HMO)
- Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- CIGNA Indemnity
- CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- Tricare Prime
- Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- First Health PPO
- United Student Resources
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- FIRST HEALTH
- Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
Board Certification: American Board of Urology, Urology
Residency Program: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2016)
Internship Program: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2012)
Medical School: Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2011)
- Award of Meritorious Service--Medical Society of DC - 2019
News and publications
- Jain N, Deolankar J, Marchalik D, Browne W, McClure T, Smirniotopoulos J. “Multi-Institutional Retrospective Study of Percutaneous Cholangioscopy-Assisted ShockPulse Lithotripsy for Inoperable Calculous Cholecystitis.” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Accepted.
- Goldman, M,… Marchalik D. "A Multinational Study of The Impact of COVID-19 on Urologic Surgery Residency and Wellbeing." Urology 2022. PMID: 35241358
- Higgins MCSS, Siddiqui AA, Kosowsky T, Unan L, Mete M, Rowe S, Marchalik D. “Burnout, Professional Fulfillment, Intention to Leave, and Sleep-Related Impairment among Radiology Trainees across the United States (US): A Multisite Epidemiologic Study.” Acad Radiol. 2022 Feb 28:S1076-6332(22)00105-2. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2022.01.022. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35241358.
- Mete M, Dickman J, Rowe S, Trockel M, Rotenstein L, Khludenev G, Marchalik D. “Beyond Burnout: Understanding the Well-being Gender Gap in General Surgery by Examining Professional Fulfillment and Control over Schedule.” The American Journal of Surgery. Sept 2021;3:S0002-9610(21)00516. PMID: 3457966
- Melnick T,… Sinsky C, Mete M*, Marchalik D* (co-senior author). “Analysis of Electronic Health Record Use and Clinical Productivity and their Association with Physician Turnover” JAMA Open. Oct 2021. PMID:
- Sholklapper T, Davis M, Lim K, Marchalik D. “Challenges in management of nephrolithiasis in a patient with class III obesity (BMI 97).” Urology Case Reports. 2021: 14;39:101713. PMID: 34401345
- Higgins M, Nguyen M, Kosowsky T, Unan L, Mete M, Rowe S, Marchalik D. “Burnout, Professional Fulfillment, Intention to Leave, and Sleep-Related Impairment Among Faculty Radiologists in the United States: an Epidemiologic Study.” Journal of the American College of Radiology. May 2021. PMID: 33964230.
- Marchalik R, Marchalik D, Wang H, Pasieka H. Drivers and sequelae of burnout in U.S. dermatology trainees. Int J Womens Dermatol. 2021 May 12;7(5Part B):780-786. doi: 10.1016/j.ijwd.2021.05.001. PMID: 35028382; PMCID: PMC8714592.
- Melnick E, Ong S, Fong A… Marchalik D, Goldstein R, Sinsky C. “Characterizing physician EHR use with vendor derived data: a feasibility study and cross-sectional analysis.” JAMIA. Apr 2021.
- Marchalik D. Goldman C, Alger J, Rodriguez A, Catomeris A, Lynch J, Padmore J, Mete M, Krasnow R. “The Impact of Gender and Institutional Factors on Depression and Suicidality in Urology Residents.” Dec 2020;26(6):10471-10479. PMID: 33325351
- Trockel M, Menon N…. Marchalik D, Farley H, Normand P, Melder M, Dudley J, Shanafelt T. “Assessment Of Physician Sleep and Wellness, Burnout, and Clinically Significant Medical Errors.” JAMA Open. Dec 1;3(12):e2028111. PMID: 33284339s
- Melnick E, Ong S… Marchalik D, Goldstein R, Sinsky C. “Characterizing Physician EHR Use With Vendor Derived Data: A Feasibility Study and Cross-Sectional Anaysis.” JAMIA. In Press.
- Marchalik D. “Urology Burnout, Uninterrupted.” AUANews. Jan 2021.
- Marchalik D, Shanaleft T. “Addressing Burnout Among Health Care Professionals by Focusing on Process Rather Than Metrics.” JAMA Health Forum. Sept 2020.
- Marhcalik D, Sheshamani M. “Re-envisioning healthcare in the COVID-19 Era.” Modern Healthcare. Sep 2020.
- Olson K, Marchalik D, Farley H, Dean S, Lawrence E, Hamidi M, Rowe S, McCool J, O’Donovan C, Micek M, Stewart M. “Organizational Strategies to Reduce Physician Burnout and Improve Professional Fulfillment.” Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. Oct 2019. PMID: 31588019
- Rowe S, Stewart M, Farley H, Marchalik D. “Defending the Term “Burnout”: A Useful Tool in the Quest to Ease Clinician Suffering.” NEJM Catalyst. Aug 2019.
- Marchalik D, Rodriguez A, Namath A, Krasnow R, Obara S, Padmore J, Groninger H. “The impact of non-medical reading on clinician burnout: a national survey of palliative care providers.” Annals of Palliative Care. May 2019. PMID: 31431021
- Marchalik D, Goldman C, Carvlaho F, Talso M, Lynch J, Esperto F, Pradere B, Van Besien J, Krasnow R. “Resident Burnout in the United States and Europe: An International Concern.” BJUI. 2019. PMID: 30993851
- Marchalik D. Catomeris A, Krasnow R. “The Impact of Burnout on Professional and Academic Goals and Career Regret in Urology Trainees.” J Urology. Jul 2019;202(1):45-46. PMID: 30747874
- Davis JE, Padmore JS, Remington JB, Evangelista R, Marchalik D. “All GME is local: novel approach to GME governance in a consortium model by utilization of an associate DIO model.” J Grad Med Ed Jun 2019;(11)3:347-349. PMID: 31210877
- Marchalik D, Brems J, Rodriguez A, Lynch J, Padmore J, Stamatakis L, Krasnow R. “The Impact of Institutional Factors on Physician Burnout: A National Study of Urology Trainees.” UROLOGY. Sep 2019;131:27-35. PMID: 31199967
- Dinizio M, Shih W….Marchalik D, Hwang J, Kundu S, Eggener S, Kim I. “Multi-Institutional Analysis of Racial Disparity Among African American Men Eligible For Prostate Cancer Active Surveillance.” Oncotarget. Apr 2018;9(30)21359-21365. PMID: 29765545
- Sussman R, Han C, Marchalik D, Carvalho F, Davis M, Richter L, Wethington S, Stamatakis L. “To Oophorectomy Or Not To Oopherectomy: Practice Patterns Among Urologists Treating Bladder Cancer.” Urologic Oncology. Mar 2018;36(3);90e1-e7. PMID: 29273351
- Wright HC, McGeagh K, Richter LA, Hwang JJ, Venkatesan K, Pysher A, Koch GE, Kowalczyk K, Bandi G, Marchalik D. “Transobturator Sling For Post-Prostatectomy Incontinence: Radiation’s Effect On Efficacy/Satisfaction.” Can J Urology. Oct 2017;24(5)8998-9002. PMID: 28971786
- McAleese S, Marchalik D. “Cura Personalis in the Age of Healing.” Invited response to Ventres W. “Healing” Ann Fam Med. Jan 2016:14(1):76-78. PMID: 26755787
- Shaw N, Marchalik D, Stamatakis L. “Incidentally Discovered Urachal Cancer in a Patient with Necrotizing Fasciitis of the Abdominal Wall.” BMJ Case Reports. Apr 2016. PMID: 27118740
- Fisher H, Island H, Rich J, Marchalik D, Brown L. “Four Broad Temperament Dimensions: Description and Comparison with the Big Five.” Frontiers in Psychology. July 2015. PMID: 26284018
- Marchalik D, Krishnan J, Verghese M, Venkatesan K. “Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma of the Bladder with Intravesical Cervical Insertion.” BMJ Case Reports. June 2015. PMID: 26109625
- Lee N, Marchalik D, Lipsky A, Rushton H, Pohl H, Song X. “Risk Factors for Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections in a Pediatric Institution.” Journal of Urology. Apr 2015; PMID: 25858421.
- Kwon Y, Ha Y, Modi P, Salmasi A, Parihar J, Patel N, Faiena I, May M, Lee D, Llukani E, Patrick T, Rha K, Ahlering T, Sharecky D, Ahn H, Choi S, Pakr S, Jeon S, Ou Y, Eun D, Albala D, Badani K, Yuh B, Wilson T, Kwon T, Marchalik D, Hwang J, Kim W, Kim I. “Oncologic Outcomes in Men with Metastasis to the Prostatic Anterior Fat Pad Lymph Nodes: a -Institutional International Study.” BMC Urology. Aug 2015;15(1):79. PMID: 26231860
- Marchalik D, Triest J, Wright H, Bandi G. “Use of ‘Off-the-Shelf’ Extraceluular Matrix Graft Material for Repair of Testicular Rupture: A Novel Technique.” UROLOGY. Sep 2014;84(3):719-721. PMID:25168558
- Vora A, Marchalik D, Nassim H, Kowalczyk K, Bandi G, McGeagh K, Lynch J, Venkatesan K, Hwang J. “Multi-Institutional Outcomes and Cost Effectiveness of Using Alvimopan to Lower Gastrointestinal Morbidity After Cystectomy and Urinary Diversion.” Canadian Journal of Urology. Apr 2014;21(2):7222-7. PMID:24775576
- Vora A, Marchalik D, Kowalczyk K, Nassim H, Bandi G, McGeagh K, Lynch J, Ghasemian R, Verghese M, Venkatesan K, Borges P, Uchio E, Hwang J. “Robotic-Assisted Prostatectomy and Open Radical Prostatectomy For Locally-Advanced Prostate Cancer: Multi-Institutional Comparison of Oncologic Outcomes.” Prostate International. Mar 2013;1(1)31-36. PMID: 24223399
- Vora A, Larg T, Aronia J, Haynes S, Harbin A, Marchalik D, Nassim H, Lynch J, Bandi G, McGeagh K, Kowalczyk K, Ghasemian R, Venkatesan K, Verghese M, Hwang J. “Predictors of Gleason Score Upgrading in a Large African-American Population.” International Urology and Nephrology. Jul 2013;45(5):1257-62. PMID: 23864415
- Vora A, Harbin A, Marchalik D, Nassim H, Verghese M, Bandi G, Hwang J. “Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy in Men With Bladder Outlet Obstruction: Modified Urinary Reconstruction Leading to Improving Perioperative Outcomes.” Journal of Endourology: Part B: Videourology. Apr 2013;27(3).
- Shiroff A, Gale S, Martin N, Marchalik D, Petrov D, Ahmed H, Rotondo M, Gracias V. “Penetrating Neck Trauma: A Review of Management Strategies and Discussion of the ‘No Zone’ Approach.” The American Surgeon. Jan 2013;79(1):23-29. PMID: 23317595
- Fisher HE, Rich J, Island H, Marchalik D. “The Second to Fourth Digit Ratio: A Measure of Two Hormonally-based Temperament Dimensions.” Personality and Individual Difference, Nov 2010;49(7):773-7.
Reviews or Editorials in Refereed Journals
- Marchalik D. “Urology Burnout, Uninterrupted.” AUANews. Jan 2021.
- Marchalik D. “Physician Burnout in the Modern Era.” Lancet. Mar 2019;393(10174):868. PMID: 30837137.
- Marchalik D. “The Return to Literature—Making Doctors Matter in the New Era of Medicine.” Academic Medicine. Dec 2017;92(12):1665-1667. PMID:29019798. Invited Commentary
- Singer E, Gupta G, Marchalik D, Srinivasan R. “Evolving Therapeutic Targets in Renal Cell Carcinoma.” Current Opinion in Oncology. May 2013;25(3):237-280. PMID: 23455028
- Marchalik D, Hill F, Wright H, Vora A. “The Use of Intralesional Collagenase In the Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease.” World Journal of Clinical Urology. Nov 2014;3(3):364-369.
- Marchalik D, Lipsky A, Petrov D, Harvel JD, Milgraum S. “Dermatological Presentations of Orthopedic Pathologies: A Review of Diagnosis and Treatment.” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology. Oc 2012;13(5):293-310. PMID: 22494476
- Petrov D, Marchalik D, Sosin M, Bal A. “Factors Affecting Duration of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Pediatric Patient.” Indian Journal of Pediatrics. Jan 2012;79(1):52-5. PMID: 21617905
- Petrov D, Marchalik D, Lipsky A, Milgraum S. “Asymptomatic Enlargement of the Clavicle: A Review of Underlying Aetiologies.” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica. Dec 2010;76(6):715-8. PMID: 21302566
- Marchalik D, Lipsky A. “Transformative Experiences and a Young Doctor’s Notebook.” Lancet. Jan 2021. PMID: 33485438.
- Marchalik D, Petrov D. “Seeing COVID-19 Through José Saramago’s Blindness.” Lancet. Jun 2020. PMID: 32563364.
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Progress and Nostalgia in A Visit From the Goon Squad.” Lancet. Nov 2019.
- Krishnan L, Marchalik D. “Physicians, Oaths, and Vampires.” Lancet. Sep 2019;393(10203):1001. PMID: 31544738.
- Frank A, Marchalik D. “Institutional Madness: Shakespeare As Hospital Survival Guide.” Lancet. Mar 2019;393(10186):2114. PMID: 31226038
- Khullar D, Marchalik D. “Scientific Collaboration in Michael Lewis’s The Undoing Project.” Lancet. Feb 2019;393(10170):397.
- Krishnan L, Marchalik D. “Understanding Heartbreak: From Takotsubo to Wuthering Heights.” Lancet. Sep 2018;392(10150):812.
- Aronson L, Marchalik D. “Destroyed But Not Defeated—The Old Man and the Sea.” Lancet. Jun 2018;391(10137):2312.
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Rethinking Cures in Jesse Belle’s A Cure For Suicide.” Lancet. Mar 2018;391(10127):1252. PMID: 29619951
- Jurecic A. Marchalik D. “On Obesity: Roxane Gay’s Hunger.” Lancet. Sep 2017;390(10102):1577. PMID:28980951
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “The Blameless Tragedy of Illness.” Lancet. Jul 2017;390(10093):445.
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Dr. Frankenstein’s Bioethical Experiment.” Lancet. Jun 2017;389(10088):2465.
- Jurecic A. Marchalik D. “The Art of Transplantation: Mend the Living.” Lancet. May 2017;389(10081):1876. PMID: 28513441
- Jurecic A. Marchalik D. “A Psychiatrist’s Search For Resilience.” Lancet. Apr 2017;389(10079):1599. PMID: 28443544
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Suffering in the Digital Age.” Lancet. Mar 2017;389(10072):897. PMID: 28271832
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Mental Illness in Han Kang’s The Vegetarian.” Lancet. Jan 2017;389(10065):147. PMID: 28102132
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Breathing Lessons in Paul Kalanithi’s When Breath Becomes Air.” Lancet. Dec 2016;388(10062):2859. PMID: 27979398
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Distorted Memories: Literary Perspective on HM and Memories.” Lancet. Oct 2016;388(10054):1874. PMID: 27751389
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “After Plague.” Lancet. Aug 2016;388(10044):553.
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Perspectives on Mortality.” Lancet. Jul 2016;388(10039):19. PMID: 27397781
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “The Surgical Theater.” Lancet. Jun 2016;387(10036):2371. PMID: 27312296
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Emotion, Error, and Redemption.” Lancet. May 2016;387(10031):1897. PMID: 27203640
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Kazuo Ishiguro’s Uncanny Science.” Lancet. Apr 2016;387(10026):1365. PMID: 27115806
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “The Literary Legacy of Oliver Sacks.” Lancet. Feb 2016;387(10021):835. PMID: 26972068
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “The Judgment Dilemma.” Lancet. Jan 2016;387(10016):330. PMID: 26842411
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “We the Animals.” Lancet. Nov 2015;386(10009):2132. PMID: 26638955
- Jurecic A, Marchalik D. “Examining Empathy.” Lancet. Oct 2015;386(10004):1618. PMID: 26595622
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Stories for Survival.” Lancet. Sep 2015;386(10000):1230. PMID: 26460648
- Marchalik D, Jurecic A. “Novel Remedies.” Lancet. Sep 2015;386(10000):1223. PMID: 26460642
- Marchalik D. “Saving the Professionalism Course.” Lancet. Jun 2015;385(9985): 2346-7. PMID: 26088632
*Articles in the column can all be located under: bmj.co/literature_and_medicine
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “The Future Of Genetics—How Far Is Too Far?” BMJ. Aug 2017. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “The Other Side of Research in The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.” BMJ. Jul 2017. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Medicine, From Fiction to Today.” BMJ. May 2017. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Life Between Two Worlds.” BMJ. Feb 2017. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “The Trauma of Survival.” BMJ. Dec 2016. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Physicians and Their Pasts.” BMJ. Oct 2016. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Drawing a Line In Research.” BMJ. Aug 2016. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Survival is a Myth.” BMJ. Jul 2016. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Considering Patient Stories Through Adam Johnson’s The Orphan Master’s Son.” BMJ. May 2016. Available online.
- McDaniel C, Marchalik D. “Huruki Murakami’s The Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and the Complexity of Grief.” BMJ. Apr 2016. Available online
- Marchalik D. “Rethinking Medical Education–In Defense of Fiction.” BMJ. Mar 2014. Available online
Mass Media Publications
- Marchalik D. “Put Doctors at the Center of Health Care Tech.” The Harvard Business Review. Nov 30, 2020.
- Marchalik D. “What Health Care Can Teach Other Industries About Preventing Burnout.” The Harvard Business Review. Oct 26, 2020.
- Marchalik D. “Why are so many doctors burning out? Tons of real and electronic paperwork.” The Washington Post. Jun 1, 2019.
- Marchalik D. “Could a Tuberculosis Outbreak Happen Here?” Slate. Jul 14, 2017.
- Marchalik D. “The Affordable Care Act Is Still Law. Signing Up For Health Insurance Is Still Hard.” STATNews. Jun 2, 2017.
- Marchalik D. “Potential Side Effects of the Drug Trump Reportedly Takes for Hair Loss.” The Washington Post. Feb 3, 2017.
- Marchalik D. “We Doctors See Death All Around Us, But We Don’t Like to Think About Our Own.” The Washington Post. Aug 15, 2016.
- Marchalik D. “Reading Novels at Medical School.” The New York Times. Jun 23, 2016.