About UpToDate for MedStar Health
In support of our vision to advance health, MedStar recently enhanced its partnership with UpToDate, an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource that all clinicians may now access from any internet browser or mobile device. While the resource has long been available for MedStar clinicians, the new features offer more resources than ever before, including:
- Direct access while in Cerner
- Direct access to UpToDate from any internet browser and the UpToDate Mobile App for iOS, Android™, Windows 8 devices
- CME/CE/CPD credits and continuing education tracking may be earned whenever and wherever clinicians research a clinical question
At this time, MedStar users must create an account to receive the mobile benefits, remote access (access from any web browser) and CME accumulation. Users must create an account via the MedStar intranet (not the guest network). Once a user name and password are generated, users may access UpToDate anywhere, including outside the MedStar network, through their browser or the UpToDate mobile app.
Please note that username and password re-verification will occur every 90 days; however, in-app and email messaging will remind clinicians to verify their affiliation to maintain remote access rights.
How to Register
- Go to www.uptodate.com from the MedStar intranet (please note that it will not work on the guest network).
- Click “Log In/Register” in the top right corner and login using an existing account or sign-up as a new user.
- Once a username and password are generated, you can access UpToDate from outside of the MedStar network and download mobile app for use anywhere. Please note you must create an account to receive the mobile benefits, remote access (access from any web browser) and CME accumulation.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
CME/CE/CPD credits and continuing education tracking may be earned whenever and wherever clinicians research a clinical question. Note: this includes CME credit accrual when researching a clinical question remotely.
For more than 20 years, clinicians around the world have relied on UpToDate as a reliable resource for medical knowledge at the point of care. The knowledge contained in UpToDate is evidence-based and continuously updated, but it is not merely an aggregation and report of the latest research; UpToDate presents a comprehensive synthesis of the evidence, followed by recommendations that can be acted on at the point of care. It combines an advanced publishing platform with the rigor of a sophisticated editorial process managed by a faculty of accomplished physician authors and editors, renowned leaders in their specialties.