April Peer-Reviewed Publications from MedStar Health
Congratulations to all MedStar researchers who were published in April 2017. The selected articles and link to PubMed provided below represent the body of work completed by MedStar Health investigators, physicians, and associates and published in peer-reviewed journals last month. The list is compiled from PubMed for any author using “MedStar” in the author affiliation. Congratulations to this month’s authors. We look forward to seeing your future research.
- Why Do Long-Distance Travelers Have Improved Pancreatectomy Outcomes?
Journal of the American College of Surgeons, April 2017. DOI: 1016/j.jamcollsurg.2017.04.003
Jindal M, Zheng C, Quadri HS, Ihemelandu CU, Hong YK, Smith AK, Dudeja V, Shara NM, Johnson LB, Al-Refaie WB.
- Screening nasal swabs for methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus: A regional burn center's experience.
Burns, April 2017. DOI: 1016/j.burns.2017.01.009.
Tejiram S, Johnson LS, Mete M, Desale S, Johnson K, Zhang J, Moffatt LT, Shupp JW
- Poor prognostication: hidden meanings in word choices.
BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care, April 2017. DOI: 1136/bmjspcare-2017-001353
Kelemen AM, Kearney G, Pottash M, Groninger H
- Naloxone administration for suspected opioid overdose: An expanded scope of practice by a basic life support collegiate-based emergency medical services agency.
Journal of American College Health, April 2017. DOI:1080/07448481.2016.1277730
Jeffery RM, Dickinson L, Ng ND, DeGeorge LM, Nable JV
- Cross-institutional knowledge-based planning (KBP) implementation and its performance comparison to Auto-Planning Engine (APE).
Radiotherapy & Oncology, April 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.radonc.2017.01.012.
Wu B, Kusters M, Kunze-Busch M, Dijkema T, McNutt T, Sanguineti G, Bzdusek K, Dritschilo A, Pang D