Living Well - Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
At MedStar Health, we are dedicated to providing health education programs to improve the health of the communities we serve. Starting spring 2017, all MedStar hospitals will be offering Living Well: Take Charge of Your Health workshops.
Improve Your Health One Step at a Time.
Let MedStar Community Health Help!
Our seven-week Living Well program can help you take charge of your health and your life. The program is designed for adults living with a chronic condition, such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, depression, chronic pain, arthritis or any chronic health concern.
- Learn how to manage symptoms, organize medications, cope with emotions, eat healthy, manage weight, and communicate with family, friends and healthcare professionals. Receive help problem solving and setting goals to improve the quality of your life.
- Our Living Well program is led by trained facilitators who may also be living with a chronic condition.
Come join us! The cost is free and includes program materials. Registration is required and class size is limited.
Class Start: March 14
Martha's Table at The Commons
2375 Elvans Rd., SE
Meeting Time: 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Class Start: March 15
YMCA Anthony Bowen
1325 W Street NW
Meeting Time: 12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Class Start: March 19
Mace Medical Center
1124 Mace Avenue
Meeting Time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For additional information, call 877-367-5864 or email [email protected].
Starting spring 2017, the Living Well Program is offered across the health system.
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital