Welcome to rheumatology, immunology, and allergies at MedStar Health
MedStar Health provides state-of-the-art care for patients affected by musculoskeletal diseases, immune system disorders, or allergies.
Our doctors have a long tradition of exceptional patient care and research in their chosen specialty. Because these disorders often involve more than one organ system, they work collaboratively with a host of other medical specialists to provide comprehensive disease management.
Our doctors are experts at diagnosing and managing a broad spectrum of rheumatic diseases and provide comprehensive subspecialty services for patients with:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Inflammatory muscle disease
- Connective tissue disease
- Various forms of vasculitis
- Other forms of arthritis and autoimmune disorders
Immunology is the study of the body systems that defend us against microbial pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi, and many diseases occur when the immune system can’t do its job, or when it ignores those pathogens and attacks its own cells and tissues.
MedStar Health’s immunology physicians are prepared to diagnose and treat disorders of the immune system, including hypersensitivities, immune deficiency, transplant rejection, and autoimmune illness.
Whether it’s itchy eyes and ears, a rash on your arm, or something a little less common, MedStar Health’s experts in allergies can provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients of all ages with:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Atopic dermatitis
Why choose us
- For patients with arthritis, lupus, and neurologic complications from rheumatologic disorders
Advanced diagnostic capabilities
- State-of-the-art imaging tools
- The latest musculoskeletal ultrasound technology
Innovative treatment options
- The most current biological therapies for rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus
Clinicians and researchers on the medical team
- Numerous investigations into new treatments
- Investigators for national studies
Ongoing clinical trials
- Patients can access the latest innovative therapies
- Routinely published in prestigious medical journals
- Recipients of multiple honors at the local and national level