If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at an emergency room.
Do you know someone who exemplifies excellence, leadership, and commitment? Each year, MedStar Health associates have the opportunity to win a John L. Green Generation of Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship is for five MedStar Health associates, each equaling up to $3,500. Recipients of the scholarship may use funds for tuition and/or fees for the current academic semester (in which the applicant is currently enrolled) or for the upcoming academic semester.
Established in 2003, the John L. Green Generation of Leadership Scholarship awards academic scholarships to highly-motivated, MedStar associates who strive to advance their leadership career in health care. For application consideration, you must:
- Serve in a management or supervisory position
- Work for a minimum of two years at any MedStar entity
- Be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree (or higher) in a field applicable to healthcare administration/leadership
- Maintain good-standing with the organization, including no disciplinary actions on file within the past year
- Strive to advance your leadership career in healthcare
- Identify as:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Black or African-American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
The John L. Green Generation of Leadership Scholarship honors the late John L. Green, executive vice president, Corporate Services. From 1983 to 2002, Green held executive leadership roles at Medlantic Health Care Group and MedStar Health, as well as on the Morgan State University Board of Regents in Baltimore. He served as chairman of the Morgan State University board from 1990 to 1995.
The scholarship is reserved for exceptional individuals who share Green’s traits of excellence, leadership, and commitment to the vision, mission, and values of MedStar Health. This targeted scholarship reflects Green’s commitment to increasing minority representation in leadership positions in health care.
The scholarship is funded entirely by a grant from the MedStar Health Board of Directors to commemorate Green’s contributions and his legacy of excellence.
Recipients of the John L. Green Generation of Leadership Scholarship are awarded up to $3,500 for assistance with tuition and fees for the current or upcoming academic semester. Interested associates must meet the scholarship criteria and submit a completed application by May 2.