Welcome to our surgery center
MedStar Surgery Center at Lafayette Centre is an outpatient facility specializing in surgical and endoscopic procedures. We are dedicated to the highest standard of surgical and endoscopic medical care in a safe, comfortable, and convenient setting. We are licensed by the District of Columbia Department of Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA), certified by Medicare, and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Parking is available in the parking garage under the building at a discounted rate. Please bring the parking ticket to the surgery center for validation.
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday
6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If this is your first time visiting, click here for a helpful guide.
Planning your visit
Navigating Lafayette Centre
Click here to learn how to get to MedStar Health Surgery Center at Lafayette Centre from the parking garage, street, or Metro.
To access our services in Building 2 of Lafayette Centre, you will use the destination elevators. It is important to know that these elevators work differently than a standard elevator.
Click here and watch the video below to learn how to use destination elevators at Lafayette Centre.
Parking for Building 2 is available at the Lafayette Centre garage.
1133 21st St., NW
Washington, D.C., 20036
Use the 21st Street parking garage entrance.
Tips for easier parking:
- Reserved parking spots for MedStar Health patients are available for up to 3 hours. You will find these on B Level if you’ve entered the garage on 21st Street. If those spots are full, there are also general visitor spots available for 3-hour parking.
- Get a parking validation ticket from your provider’s office to ensure you get the reduced parking rate.
- Pay at the garage exit or via a pay machine. Pay machines are located on B level. All pay machines accept credit or debit cards only.
From Northern Virginia
Take 66 East and take the E Street Exit
Turn Left onto 20th St. NW
From South Eastern Maryland
Take the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy in Greenbelt
Merge onto US-50 West/New York Ave NE to Rhode Island Avenue NW
Turn right onto M St NW and turn right onto 20th St. NW
From Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Take MD-355 South/Wisconsin Avenue toward Massachusetts Avenue
Turn right onto 21st St. NW
Dupont Circle Metro Station (0.17 miles)
Farragut North Metro Station (0.39 miles)
Orange, Silver, Blue
Farragut West Metro Station (0.49 miles)
Foggy Bottom—GWU (0.30 miles)
- MetroExtra Route (S9)
- Metrobus Local Route (blue) L1, L2, D2, D6, G2, N2, N4, N3, N6
- Metrobus Major Route (red) 30N, 30S, 31, 33, 36, 38B, 42, 43,
- Metrobus Commuter Route (silver) H1
Our center is designed exclusively for outpatient surgery and procedures. A highly skilled team supports your physician and our surgical suites and facility are equipped with the same.
Click here to complete the Preoperative Assessment Form.
Please review these policies in advance of your procedure date:
MedStar Health participates with most major health insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to make sure your plan is covered.