11 a.m. MedStar Health Update Regarding Computer Downtime
March 30, 2016
Featured in :Technology/IT ,
Explore By Category :
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Gastroenterology/digestive diseases
- Healthcare industry
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital News
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center News
Within 48 hours of the malware attack on MedStar Health's information system, the three main clinical information systems supporting patient care are moving to full restoration, and enhanced functionality continues to be added to other systems. We are pleased that our analysis continues to show no patient or associate data have been compromised. MedStar's IT team and cybersecurity experts have worked around the clock to protect the integrity of our clinical data systems, and to restore operations. Restoration of additional clinical systems continues with priority given to those related directly to patient care.
The recovery of major clinical information systems followed MedStar's decision to take our systems offline to prevent the spread of the malware identified early Monday morning.
Systems that enable patients to make medical appointments are also moving toward full restoration and this will reduce the disruption in the appointment setting experience. As we bring these capabilities back, we encourage individuals to call their provider's office directly to confirm or make appointments.
MedStar is proud of and thankful to its team of physicians, nurses and associates who dedicate themselves to maintaining high quality patient care and who have continued to provide this care in the face of this despicable attack.
Back to Top
MedStar Health Recognized as 2016 Most Wired Advanced
Category : Healthcare industry , Innovation , Technology/IT ,
MedStar Health to Unveil Bel Air Medical Campus, Expanding Care in Harford County
Category : Technology/IT ,