If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at an emergency room.
The Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics invites you to attend the 6th Annual Biomedical Informatics Symposiumto be held on Friday, October 27, at the Georgetown University Conference Center.
This free, one-day event brings depth, breadth, and excellence with high-quality talks and discussions by key leaders and innovators in the field of Biomedical Informatics and Advanced Healthcare Technologies. It includes talks by academic, industry, and government leaders in clinical and translational sciences who will highlight applications of informatics science and tools to advance precision medicine.
- Patty Brennan, RN, PhD, Director, National Library of Medicine will deliver a keynote.
- New pre-symposium hands-on "Bioinformatics for Immuno-Oncology and Translational Research Workshop (BigData)"
- Poster abstract submission is now open
- Planned sessions in new and emerging areas including the following:
- Distributed, large cancer networks driving precision oncology
- Current trends in molecular diagnostics
- Will AI/machine learning deliver for biomedicine? How soon?
- Are we training the next generation of data scientists to take on emerging challenges?
Friday, October 27
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Georgetown Conference Center
3800 Reservoir Rd NW
Washington, D.C., 20007
The deadline for abstract submission is September 15th, 2017.
Early Bird Registration ends on September 7, 2017
This event is co-organized by Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC), Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS) and the Georgetown University Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics.