If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at an emergency room.
The recipients of the 2016 John L. Green Generation of Leadership Scholarship, given to MedStar associates who exemplify excellence, leadership and commitment, have been announced. Congratulations to Jose Pineda, Treatment Navigator with the MedStar Clinical Research Center located at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, who was one of the six recipients.
The scholarship, named in memory of John L. Green, a former MedStar Health executive, is reserved for exceptional individuals who effectively demonstrate their drive and determination for success in health care.
Mr. Pineda has been with MedStar for more than five years. He is pursuing his bachelor’s degree in Public Health at Universidad Del Este. He has created support groups for HIV-infected patients and collaborated with physicians across departments to ensure these patients receive the care and attention they need. His goal is to continue working in Public Health for MedStar after he graduates.
In addition to Mr. Pineda, the following MedStar Health associates were recipients of the scholarship:
- Leslie Arce, Manager, Radiology, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- Eldho Chacko, RN III, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- Praxedes Fofung, Clinical Consultant Manager, MedStar Health Home Care
- Chinenye Nwatu, Applications Analyst, White Oak Data Center
- Terrence Polston, Manager, Bedside Delivery Service, MedStar Harbor Hospital.
Congratulations to all recipients and best of luck with your studies.