If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at an emergency room.
The Office of Research Integrity continues to work on improving the human subject protection research program and is preparing for enhancements to be made to the Huron Electronic IRB system (eIRB) this fall. We think you’ll be pleased!
These updates (8 and 9) will bring our system up to date with the latest version of the application and will provide several small enhancements and bug fixes. Most of these changes are on the back end and will not modify the investigator team user experience with some exceptions listed below:
- Redesigned SmartForm for Submission of External IRB review
- Improved user experience for External IRB studies
- Redesigned SmartForm
- A left navigator replaces the Jump-To menu and provides helpful status icons, the integrated Compare feature replaces View Differences, and slide-in views replace pop-ups, to improve the user experience.
- Review Tracker
- A new mode for reviewing projects features a single-page view of the entire SmartForm, ability to mark sections as reviewed, inline comparison with previous versions, and change indicators to narrow the scope of follow-up reviews.
- Print Packets
- All project types now support print packets that are available from within the SmartForm. Print packets provide new options for printer-friendly versions of projects including adding table of contents and related projects.
The upgrade is anticipated to take place in the last week of September 2019. The upgrade will take just a few hours and will be scheduled overnight so that system downtime will be limited. You will be notified when the date has been finalized. In addition, stay tuned for more details including webinar dates where the upgrade will be discussed, training provided and you will have a chance to ask any questions.