If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at an emergency room.
Applications are now being accepted for the Pilot Awards for Clinical Translational Studies (PTCS) through GHUCCTS. Applications Submissions are online at PTCS Applications. The completed application and signed forms (institutional support forms) are due by Monday, May 4th, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Research that addresses the transmission, course, and consequences of COVID virus infection
- Investigations of environmental determinants of health, particularly those involving clinical and/or public health databases and geospatial mapping, and have potential to point toward solutions through surveillance or policy.
- Innovative community engagement methods and technologies including research aimed at engaging minority, vulnerable, or other understudied populations;
- Research that brings together a new type of team;
- Research that expands a translational research focus across the lifespan including to pediatric and/or geriatric populations;
- Innovative approaches to the implementation of precision medicine;
- Engaging individuals with Opioid Use Disorders in research and clinical care while developing effective models of care delivered within medical settings of interest;
- Research to address health disparities and the significant burden of conditions that disproportionately affect rural, minority, and other underserved populations.
Applicants must have a full-time faculty appointment at one of the GHUCCTS institutions (Howard, Georgetown, DCVA, MedStar, ORNL). Each application should identify a Contact PI that will be responsible for coordinating and submitting the application. Research teams can include collaborators who are not GHUCCTS affiliated.
Funding Opportunity Details
- Award Amount: up to $40,000 (includes Institutional cost share)
- Duration: Funds must be spent by March 31st, 2021.
- A 50% cost-share with the applicant institution is required. (In most cases this has previously been negotiated with the participating institutions.)
Applications Submissions are online at PTCS Applications. The completed application and signed forms (institutional support forms) are due by Monday, May 4th, 2020 at 11:59 pm
The missions of Georgetown-Howard University Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS) and the national Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) programs highlight promotion of interdisciplinary research that translates basic research findings into clinical applications and clinical research into community practice, and improving the process of research. It is also our goal to implement research that will benefit underserved populations, including minorities, people with disabilities, and older adults. Additional priorities recently indicated by the agency that administers CTSAs, the National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS) (see https://ncats.nih.gov/ctsa), further emphasize interaction and collaboration of the 62 CTSA hubs spread throughout the United States (see https://ctsacentral.org).