Browse this page
Welcome to physical therapy at Lorton
Our physical therapy clinic in Lorton brings access to MedStar Health’s comprehensive network of rehabilitation experts to Fairfax County. Our highly trained physical therapists offer a variety of specialized services, including manual therapy, dry needling and cancer rehabilitation. From sports-related injury prevention to rehabilitation for orthopedic conditions and arthritis, our therapists will tailor a treatment plan that helps you achieve your goals.
Visiting physical therapy at Lorton
Hours of operation:
Monday to Thursday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
We proudly accept most major health plans. The list below serves as a guide and is subject to change. If you are unsure about your coverage, please call your insurance provider. Insurance is collected prior to scheduling services.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna (Most products excluding some Health Exchange Plans & Medicare Advantage PFFS)
- Amerigroup - MD sites only; under 21 only
- Anthem Healthkeepers HMO/POS & OA/Medicaid HMO (Virginia locations only)
- Anthem BCB of VA Key Care POS/PPO/Indemnity— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Anthem FEP Standard and Basi— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Carefirst BlueChoice (HMO/Open Access/Opt Out) Plus Open Access (POS/BlueChoice Advantage)
- CareFirst BCBS (Blue Preferred PPO/FEP (Federal Employee Plan) Standard & Basic PPO/Healthy Blue POS, Indemnity
- CareFirst BCBS of Maryland (POS/PPO/Indemnity)
- Choice Care Network/Humana**
- Cigna (EPO/HMO/POS/PPO/Open Access/Indemnity/Great West)
- Conifer Health Solutions, formerly InforMed
- Coventry of Delaware (HMO/PPO)
- Coventry National PPO
- Coventry of VA
- First Health PPO
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP & USFHP only)
- Kaiser Permanente (Flexible Choice POS/Medicare Plus/Select/Select-Added Choice)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature and Signature Added Choice (Accepted at Irving Street location only)
- Kaiser Permanente MD and VA Medicaid MCO *specialists and Irving Street location only
- Medicare (Part A & B)
- Medicaid (Virginia & DC)*
- Medicaid (Maryland—now accepted at most locations)
- MedStar Family Choice (DC Healthy Families & DC Alliance) (DC locations only for D.C. Alliance)
- MedStar Family Choice (Health Choice—MD Medicaid)
- MedStar Select
- Peace Corps
- Police and Fire Clinic in D.C. (PFC)
- Priority Partners— MD sites only; UNDER 21 only
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Includes Evergreen via PHCS
- TRICARE/HealthNet (Extra/Prime/Standard/TriCare for Life)
- United Healthcare Commercial Plans (Choice HMO/Choice Plus POS/Core HMO/Options PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose Select HMO/Select Plus/Student Resources)
- United Healthcare-MAMSI Plans (MDIPA HMO/MDIPA
- POS/Optimum Choice HMO/Optimum Choice Preferred POS & OCI Direct HMO/MAMSI Life & Health—PPO/Navigate/Indemnity) Compass**
- United Healthcare Community Plan (Maryland Health Choice)
- United Healthcare Medicare Plans (Evercare-Medicare)
- Advantage Special Needs Plans/Erikson
- Advantage/Secure Horizons/AARP Medicare
- Complete Plans/Medicare Solutions/UHC Group
- Medicare Advantage Plans—HMO, POS, PPO
- Veterans Choice Program
- Worker’s Compensation (All therapy locations)
*Medicaid: DC Medicaid and Virginia Medicaid are only accepted at the Irving Street locations. Please refer to the above list for Medicaid MCO participation.
**Coverage not accepted for Inpatient and Outpatient Services rendered at 102 Irving Street, NW, Washington, D.C., main hospital site.
Jasmine Majors, PT, DPT
Jasmine Majors received her bachelor's degree in Kinesiology from the University of Virginia. She went on to complete her Doctoral degree in physical therapy from Hampton University. Jasmine's rehabilitation specialties include:
Orthopedic Injuries and Conditions
Kristina Murphy, PT, MPT
Kristy Murphy received her Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Midwestern State University. Kristy went on to complete her Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from Old Dominion University. Kristy’s rehabilitation specialties include:
- Dry Needling
- Orthopedic Injuries and Conditions
- Postoperative Rehabilitation
- Vestibular/Balance Rehabilitation