Choose Your Benefits for 2019
Annual Enrollment is underway and myHR is your one-stop for all of the information you need to choose the right benefits plan for 2019. Before enrolling, take time to visit myHR to compare plans and explore all of the options available to you. Take time to review your enrollment packet and determine the right options for you and your family.
You must enroll online through myHR at www.myHRMedStar.net by November 19 to change your benefits for 2019 and participate in Flexible Spending Accounts. If you wish to keep your current benefits coverage for 2019 (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability additional coverage, legal resources, and voluntary benefits) for 2019, you do not need to enroll online. Your 2018 benefit elections and eligible enrolled dependents will roll over to 2019, except for Flexible Spending Account elections. You must enroll (or re-enroll) each year in a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Dependent Care FSA, even if you opt to keep your current benefits.
New for 2019
- Higher copay for emergency care. The copay for emergency care is increasing from $125 to $250 for both the MedStar Select and CareFirst medical plans. Like health systems nationwide, MedStar is experiencing increased costs for its associate medical plans, including emergency care services. MedStar’s change aligns with several federal, state and private insurance plans that have increased emergency care visit copays to encourage choosing another option for non-emergent care. Across the U.S., there are 128 million Emergency Department (ED) visits each year, with 63 percent for non-life threatening emergencies.Emergency Departments should be used only for true medical emergencies; it can be the most expensive option if associates don’t have a true emergency. Before they receive care, associates should consider all of their options. MedStar Health Urgent Care provides non-emergent care while saving associates time and money. Additionally, MedStar eVisit is a convenient, less costly option for minor illnesses and injuries, and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Emergency Departments should only be used for emergency care.
- MedStar Now for primary and urgent care: MedStar Now is a convenient option for helping you determine the appropriate care if you experience an illness or injury, or need a vaccine, medical test or screening. The online tool—MedStarNow.org—guides you to the right care based on your symptoms and MedStar services near you, including urgent care, primary care, Emergency Department, and MedStar eVisit. Based on responses from a brief questionnaire, MedStar Now directs you to the care you need, when and where you need it.
Looking for more information about the total rewards package offered to you and your dependents? Take some time to attend a benefits fair and learn more. The full schedule of fairs is available here.
Don’t miss your chance to save $360
Complete the MyHealth Questionnaire during Annual Enrollment and save up to $30 a month on MedStar Select or CareFirst medical premiums.
MyHealth Questionnaire: It’s All About You
Wellness is a key component of a healthy lifestyle and MedStar Health is committed to helping you achieve your health and wellness goals. When you are in good health and feel well, you are more likely to be at your best at home and work.
One way to get a snapshot of your overall health is by completing the annual MyHealth Questionnaire, which saves you approximately $360 a year on your MedStar Select or CareFirst medical premium. You must complete the questionnaire each year to receive the discount. The questionnaire assesses your numbers, such as blood pressure, weight, and cholesterol, as well as lifestyle habits, to determine your overall health status and lifestyle risks.
Your personalized results help guide your health goals and you can take advantage of MedStar MyHealth programs to support your wellness, including:
- Free one-on-one health coaching through Coach On Call program
- Wellness activities at your work location
- Programs that help you eat healthily or quit smoking
No one from MedStar will see your personalized results and they do not affect your health coverage.
Get started with your MyHealth Questionnaire at www.MedStarMyHealth.org. You have until Nov. 29 to complete the questionnaire and receive savings on your 2019 medical premium.