Our urgent care sites are experiencing very high volumes and wait times. We are doing everything we can to serve our patients during this pandemic.
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? All patients seeking a COVID-19 test must see a provider for evaluation to determine which COVID test is right for them. The only patients who can be tested without a full evaluation are those who are sent in with a referral for pre-op COVID testing. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of our COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- Patients not experiencing symptoms, who still wish to visit a MedStar Health Urgent Care location and be seen in person must book ahead online. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 5-10 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
Online booking required for elective (asymptomatic) visit which include:
- Sports Physicals, please schedule with our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians by visiting MedStarSportsMedicine.org
- Preoperative testing, which includes: COVID-19 preoperative testing and full preoperative evaluations (physical, labs).
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
- COVID-19 testing or exposure (without symptoms)