The Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission (2020-2023: Three-year designation)
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital has been honored by the Healthiest Maryland Business at Work Recognition and a Wellness Pacesetter.
This accreditation was granted for MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital’s continued dedication to improving health care quality and safety. Hospital accreditation provides the highest approval on how well our staff:
- Provides a safe environment for patient care
- Educates patients about risks and options for diagnosis and treatment
- Protects patients’ rights, including privacy rights
- Evaluates patients’ conditions—before, during, and after diagnosis and treatment
- Protects patients against infection
- Plans for emergency situations
The Joint Commission also awarded MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital continued designation as a Primary Stroke Center, which was first given in 2003.
American Heart Association / American Stroke Association Gold Plus Award (2022)
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has received The American Heart Association / American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke GOLD PLUS; Target Stroke Honor Roll; Target Type II Diabetes Honor Roll Awards.
CARF Accreditation for Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs (2022)
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has been re-accredited through the Accreditation Commission (CARF) for its Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation and Stroke Specialty programs. This year, Inpatient Rehabilitation earned its CARF accreditation for the Amputation Specialty program. MedStar Good Samaritan has had CARF accreditation for rehabilitation since 1971.
Wellness Pacesetter (2022)
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital has been honored by the Healthiest Maryland Business at Work Recognition and a Wellness Pacesetter.
As a Wellness Pacesetter, our hospital has been recognized for:
- Establishing workplace wellness practices
- Using at least three of the four wellness strategies of policy, programming, benefits, and environmental support
- Evaluating wellness initiatives to guide future planning and implementation
Get with The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award (2019-2022)
These prestigious awards from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association recognize MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines centered on the latest scientific evidence.
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital was also recognized with a Target Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award in 2021.
These prestigious awards from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association recognize MedStar Union Memorial Hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines centered on the latest scientific evidence.
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital was also recognized with a Target Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award in 2021.
Mammography Accreditation (2020-2022)
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital’s mammography program is accredited through the American College of Radiology’s Mammography Accreditation Program (ACR). The program is also accredited through the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)
Baltimore Magazine’s Excellence in Nursing Award (2022)
Baltimore Magazine’s Top Doctors (2019-2022)
Exemplary Care for Older Adults (2020)
Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Award Winner (2019-2021)
Breast Program Imaging (2020-present)
Emergency Department Survey (2018-present)
Cancer Program Accreditation (2015-present)
U.S. News & World Report Recognition (2015)
Other long-standing accreditations
- The MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- The Diabetes program at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital received accreditation through the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for meeting the national standards for diabetes self-management education.