Browse this page
Welcome to MedStar Health Spine Center at McLean
The MedStar Spine Center at McLean is like nothing else available in the area. Under one roof, you will find a collaborative group of dedicated specialists in orthopedics, rehabilitation medicine, and neurosurgery treating adolescent and adult patients. Our approach is aimed at assuring customized, convenient and coordinated care.
A multidisciplinary team of specialty-trained physicians and rehabilitation experts
On-site X-ray and other advanced imaging for prompt, accurate diagnosis
On-site fluoroscopy for outpatient procedures, including pain management
Physical therapy, evaluation, and treatment
Location: Change location Enter your location
Jeffrey Ching-Kwei Mai, MD,PhD
Skull Base Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Neurosurgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery & Spine Surgery
Fred Fei Mo, MD
Seyed Babak Kalantar, MD
Thomas Wade Heckman, DO
Pain Medicine, Interventional Spine And Musculoskeletal Medicine & Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
Matthew David Maxwell, MD
Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
Kathleen Fink, MD
Pain Medicine & Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
Edward Fiore Aulisi, MD
Spine Surgery & Neurosurgery
Daniel Roque Felbaum, MD
Neurosurgery, Vascular Neurosurgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery & Spine Surgery
We proudly accept most major health plans. The list below serves as a guide and is subject to change. If you are unsure about your coverage, please call your insurance provider. Insurance is collected prior to scheduling services.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna (Most products excluding some Health Exchange Plans & Medicare Advantage PFFS)
- Amerigroup - MD sites only; under 21 only
- Anthem Healthkeepers HMO/POS & OA/Medicaid HMO (Virginia locations only)
- Anthem BCB of VA Key Care POS/PPO/Indemnity— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Anthem FEP Standard and Basi— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Carefirst BlueChoice (HMO/Open Access/Opt Out) Plus Open Access (POS/BlueChoice Advantage)
- CareFirst BCBS (Blue Preferred PPO/FEP (Federal Employee Plan) Standard & Basic PPO/Healthy Blue POS, Indemnity
- CareFirst BCBS of Maryland (POS/PPO/Indemnity)
- Choice Care Network/Humana**
- Cigna (EPO/HMO/POS/PPO/Open Access/Indemnity/Great West)
- Conifer Health Solutions, formerly InforMed
- Coventry of Delaware (HMO/PPO)
- Coventry National PPO
- Coventry of VA
- First Health PPO
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP & USFHP only)
- Kaiser Permanente (Flexible Choice POS/Medicare Plus/Select/Select-Added Choice)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature and Signature Added Choice (Accepted at Irving Street location only)
- Kaiser Permanente MD and VA Medicaid MCO *specialists and Irving Street location only
- Medicare (Part A & B)
- Medicaid (Virginia & DC)*
- Medicaid (Maryland—now accepted at most locations)
- MedStar Family Choice (DC Healthy Families & DC Alliance) (DC locations only for D.C. Alliance)
- MedStar Family Choice (Health Choice—MD Medicaid)
- MedStar Medicare Choice (DC & Maryland residents only)
- MedStar Select
- Peace Corps
- Police and Fire Clinic in D.C. (PFC)
- Priority Partners— MD sites only; UNDER 21 only
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Includes Evergreen via PHCS
- TRICARE/HealthNet (Extra/Prime/Standard/TriCare for Life)
- United Healthcare Commercial Plans (Choice HMO/Choice Plus POS/Core HMO/Options PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose Select HMO/Select Plus/Student Resources)
- United Healthcare-MAMSI Plans (MDIPA HMO/MDIPA
- POS/Optimum Choice HMO/Optimum Choice Preferred POS & OCI Direct HMO/MAMSI Life & Health—PPO/Navigate/Indemnity) Compass**
- United Healthcare Community Plan (Maryland Health Choice)
- United Healthcare Medicare Plans (Evercare-Medicare)
- Advantage Special Needs Plans/Erikson
- Advantage/Secure Horizons/AARP Medicare
- Complete Plans/Medicare Solutions/UHC Group
- Medicare Advantage Plans—HMO, POS, PPO
- Veterans Choice Program
- Worker’s Compensation (All therapy locations)
*Medicaid: DC Medicaid and Virginia Medicaid are only accepted at the Irving Street locations. Please refer to the above list for Medicaid MCO participation.
**Coverage not accepted for Inpatient and Outpatient Services rendered at 102 Irving Street, NW, Washington, D.C., main hospital site.
The MedStar Spine Center at McLean is home to one of the most experienced multidisciplinary teams of spine specialists in the area. All board-certified and fellowship-trained, our providers include:
Physiatrists : Specialists in physical medicine & rehabilitation who are particularly skilled at diagnosing and treating nerve, muscle, and bone conditions without surgery. Our physiatrists are your first provider, as well as your point of contact and coordinator for any additional care you may require.
Therapists : Through physical rehabilitation and education of proper body mechanics, physical therapists help you restore motion, maximize function, and prevent or manage recurring injuries or diseases.
Spine Surgeons : Experts in either neurosurgery or orthopedic spine surgery who specialize in conditions affecting the neck and back.