The MedStar Union Memorial Hospital - Curtis National Hand Center hand and microsurgery fellowship program has an outstanding clinical and research faculty to deliver superior education.
The MedStar Union Memorial Hospital - Curtis National Hand Center hand and microsurgery fellowship program participates with the ASSH online fellowship application platform. Applications for this program should be submitted through the ASSH. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to Program Director. The platform can be accessed through the ASSH website.
Some important features include:
The standardized application will be based on the previous paper form. This will include upload links for the following documents:
- Universal Hand Surgery Fellowship Application
- Standardized tests (USMLE or equivalent)
- List of publications and presentations
- Personal Statement
- List of hobbies
- Entry of college, postgraduate, medical, residency, and other education is also included.
Submission of letters of recommendation:
- Applicants can send a link to recommenders to upload letters of support. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to Program Director. Letters will not be visible to applicants, although applicants can check to see their letters of recommendation have been uploaded.
Applicants can submit applications to multiple programs. The centralized hand fellowship directory is linked with the application platform. One application can be submitted to as many programs as the applicant chooses.
The cost involved and pricing structure is outlined below:
- 1-10 applications are free
- 11-30 applications will have a fee of $20 each
- 31 and over will have a fee of $25 per applications.
These fees will cover the data management costs.
It‘s important to emphasize that this application platform does not replace the match process through the NRMP. The hand surgery matching lists and processes will continue to be managed through the NRMP.
For more information on fellowships at The Curtis National Hand Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, contact Tori Wilson, Site Coordinator GME, at 410-554-6593, or email her at [email protected]