MedStar Washington Hospital Center's Nurse Residency program provides support to new graduates as they transition to professional practice. The program is designed to provide each nurse with the tools necessary to deliver safe, effective, and competent high-quality patient care.
The Nurse Residency program is managed by experienced clinical educators who facilitate both classroom and clinical orientation components. Our dedicated educators provide participants with an exceptional level of individualized attention throughout the residency program.
- Bridge gaps in graduate nurses' clinical skill set
- Connect book knowledge to real-life clinical challenges
- Ensure ongoing support from leadership and peers
- Incorporate evidence-based practice into patient care
- Develop professional communication strategies for collaborative practice
The residency program includes
- Classroom instruction specific to the clinical area using a focused case study approach to learning
- Use of clinical simulation to foster effective critical thinking skills
- Clinical preceptorship under the guidance of an experienced clinical coach
- Ongoing continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Dedicated nurse educators are available both during and following the program
For more information, please contact Human Resources at 202-877-7441.
Lauren Hinson, MSN, RN
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
110 Irving Street, NW
Washington, DC 20010
The Vizient/ AACN Nurse Residency ProgramTM at MedStar Washington Hospital Center is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org)